Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been to Disney twice and enjoyed every minute I wasn't fixing my turd. My buddy says SMOOR is better but it's a further drive. If you had the choice of Disney, 3.5 hrs away and SMOOR 4.5 hrs away, what would you choose and why?

·
Registered
276 Posts
smorr. hands down. no question.

more trials. nice camprground. and if you have already been to disney why would you go back when given a choice? go to smorr you will love it.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I live in OKC, and have been to both, among others. Disney is 3hrs from me. SMORR is about 5. Given the choice, I'll drive to SMORR every time. I've been to Disney about 5 times, and SMORR 3 times. SMORR is 950 acres, compared to whatever Disney is....I'm not positive. SMORR's campground is really nice, the shower houses are some of the nicest I've seen, and Brandon Powell (he runs the place) is great to deal with.

SMORR reminds me of the back of Disney- the wooded area. They don't have a "rock garden" or any open, exposed area like that. It's pretty much all wooded trails, steep climbs, ravines, edges, and lips. EVERY time I've gone, it's been wet, due to current rain, or it's just rained. That place is brutal when it's wet. You can tack on 1 or 2 levels of difficulty when wet.

I don't know what your rig is like, or what your comfort level is, but I'll say this......you should also visit Hot Springs. That place is my favorite. It's 1200+ acres of awesome. Trails for every skill level, and an all around good time. I've been there about 5 times, and always find something new. That's a 6+ hr drive I'll make over and over.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wife daughter and niece are going with. I have an 82 CJ on tons, Detroit in the rear, 37's/beadlocks and 4.56 gears. Sounds like SMOOR would be the best bet. I definitely want to go to other places so Hot Springs will have to go on the list.

·
Registered
362 Posts
SMORR without a doubt! Great trails, that a marked as accurate as anything I've ever seen.
Nicest campground and facilities you will ever find at an offroad park (wimmens & kids will really appreciate that!).
It doesn't have the rock garden, but you can find something for any rig.
Hot Springs is nice too, but the facilities aren't as nice.
Then there's Hogan's bathrooms....:eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SMORR was a blast

Had a great time. Learned I need a few upgrades. Ended up broke beyond repair Sunday morning so I had to hitch rides the rest of the day. Toughest things I went up were yellow jacket (after heavy rains Saturday night) and black mamba (took the easy line) and double whammy until I broke the steering (was able to repair). Pewee crossing has a couple difficult spots but was a fairly chill way to kill 5 hours. Got to ride up adventure hill along with many other trails I wasn't sure where we were.

I need better motor mounts, front locker, a better carb and an auto tranny before I go next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts