Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had trip planned this weekend 2-5-11, just wanting to verify conditions down there. With what i have heard our trip will be a bust do to the snow. Can anyone verify??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
If you DRIVE your rig, you can make it. If you plan on towing it, then you will show how smart you are on what you decide. A smart person would stay home!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
We have two rigs heading to Clayton in the morning. Also curious to what we will find. We are really more concerned with the 2wd tow rigs and the roads. I know we will see snow in the morning, prob wait thru it till mid day to head up there. So, how are the roads?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man. Everything would have been towed. We are in wichita and we only had 3" of snow. Thanks Again

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
We have two rigs heading to Clayton in the morning. Also curious to what we will find. We are really more concerned with the 2wd tow rigs and the roads. I know we will see snow in the morning, prob wait thru it till mid day to head up there. So, how are the roads?

Where are you coming from?
I am sure the 20" of snow should be melted by mid-day.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
^^^This...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Dang! Some people are heading to Clayton this weekend! Good luck to ya! It is snowing hard and heavy I hear down there this morning! Its going to be a muddy ass mess down there! Be sure to stretch that right foot out before you head uphill! And as always, take pics and/or vids! Be sure to give Walk in the Park a try! That is always fun when its wet!

·
Registered
113 Posts
3-trail when its wet. That's a good time. It will test your rev limiter and your fuel capacity.:D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hmmm, we have a trip planned for K-Trail coming up Wednesday night. Saw the weather was looking like more snow and a low around 6! We got about 6 inches down here and it wasnt that bad but looks like you guys up north got a LOT more! This might be interesting.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Hmmm, we have a trip planned for K-Trail coming up Wednesday night. Saw the weather was looking like more snow and a low around 6! We got about 6 inches down here and it wasnt that bad but looks like you guys up north got a LOT more! This might be interesting.
Is K-trail the one outside of Clayton? If so, I think that would be a fun run after the snow. Not when it is 6* though!:eek:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Is K-trail the one outside of Clayton? If so, I think that would be a fun run after the snow. Not when it is 6* though!:eek:
Yup yup. We are going to start off of nine pines Ed and run over to 259, then on into Arkansas into the ouachita national forest, camping along the way. We did it last year around this time and while there was snow on the ground in places, there wasnt as much as there is now I'm sure. Guess my buddies will end up dragging my open/open zj on 31s around for the trip if it's pretty bad up there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts