Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some pics or tips on the best way to run a divorced t-case. I want to run a divorced NP231 on my 2-wheel drive borg-warner tranny in my 91 s-10. Possible? Pointless? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
use the married up unit.

theres hundreds of thousands of em out there..

and not ONE divorced np231.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Wow, first post and it's a Doozy,

let us all know how that search for a divorced 231 goes for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MY bad. Its a 205. give me some slack guys.:flipoff2:
I could run a married unit, but i have access to a divorced 205. I'm just looking for some pics of the crossmembers.

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
I put a divorced Dodge 205 in a S10. The 700R4 was converted to a 2wd slip yoke, and the drivelines were equal length. I reused the factory t-case shifter and made new linkage to fit the 205. Sorry, no pics. The truck has a Dodge Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear with 38" Boggers. I built it while he was in high school, his parents paid for it, and now the truck is trashed.
:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for a real answer. I plan to run a ford 9" in the rear and a 44 up front, so should be close to the same set up.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome to pirate. The search button goes a long way around here.

Like stated above. If you can get the case get the member that goes with it and modify to fit your needs.

I did mine the hard way even though I had stock crossmember laying right there. See sig.

later
jenks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ive got a T-5 married to a NP207 sitting in my shop floor. Im not sure about the condition of the transmission, cause the shifter doesnt seem to wanna move. But I would let the whole thing go cheap, or for trade. Where are ya located?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive got a T-5 married to a NP207 sitting in my shop floor. Im not sure about the condition of the transmission, cause the shifter doesnt seem to wanna move. But I would let the whole thing go cheap, or for trade. Where are ya located?
I'm located in Ellensburg WA. you?

I welded a piece of small angle laying like "^" across the top to make it more rigid.
Thank you Tawl Boy, I think that is the rought i'm going to go. Simple but effective.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Im in Oklahoma... about 40 miles north of Texas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts