Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious, what are some brands and model numbers of some divorced t-cases? i am thinking, eventually, of getting the stock 2wd adapter for the Sportage auto tranny and running a short shaft, divorced t-case, new shafts, and either a Dana 30/35-C combo or a set of 44s. also, if you post, please tell me which ones have driver's side front outputs and which have passenger side outputs. thanks for any info.

:skull:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Ford had 3 divorced T-cases,

'59-'73 Dana 24.
'73-'77 1/2 NP-205
'74-'77 1/2 NP-203

All driver drop. All are F-250, '59-'65 F-100 only. '66+ F-100 are married.


Eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,382 Posts
sound like a perfect set up for a divorced samurai case, with a set of lc axles or wagoneer axles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,666 Posts
Dodge ran the NP205 in a divorced setup.

Nissan had a funky alumium chain-drive divorced case with centered front and rear outputs and some 7" of vertical drop from the trans output.

I'll give it the benifit of the doubt, but this thread smells of something non-tech.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,238 Posts
OTT industries has an adapter for a toyota 4cyl. T-Case. Then you could get crawler gears, or double up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,536 Posts
On the custom truck we just finished we ran an SM465 to a short shaft and made custom crossmembers/brackets for a Land Rover LT-230 transfer case.

It was never designed to be mounted divorced, so we had to do a little bootie fab.

Here's a pic, it might give you some ideas on doing divorced t-cases on some that were never designed to be run that way.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,666 Posts
Yup, GM ran the rockwell t221 and NP200 passenger drop cases divorced, and Kaiser-Jeep used them in the M-715's and various related trucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,213 Posts
hears some pics of the old NP 202 in my pickup. If you looking for stranght the 202 can be picked up cheap and is stronger then a 205



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
there are adp out ther to make jeep dana 20 into a divorced t-case. I have one :p


Hey what does those 202 come in and what is the low range of them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,213 Posts
kyrel69 said:


Hey what does those 202 come in and what is the low range of them
IH pickups mostly the 60s and low range is the same as the 205
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for all the info guys, as far as the sammy t-case, would it be possible to mount it backwards for a vehicle that has a center rear diff and passenger side front diff? just wondering because the sammy has both passenger side diffs. also, about the LC axles, i would love to have some, but they are EXPENSIVE and very hard to find. i heard of someone about 6 months ago paying close to $1200 for a factory locked set. waggy axles- maybe, but i was kinda partial to getting some Scout II D44s because they are only about 1/2"-1" wider than my stock width. thanks for the info, won't happen for a while anyway, unless i can find the stuff really cheap, just did some repairs, when you can only get stuff from the dealer and a few things from autozone or junkyards, repairs tend to be expensive.

dave:skull:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Advanced Adapters makes a kit to turn a Jeep Dana 20 into a divorce kit. Kind of expensive.....about $550.
I bought a used one with the kit already installed at a great price, and am using it in my Ranger behind the existing BW t-case. There are some pics on my site if your interested.

http://www.grapeapedesign.com
Follow the links to "off-Road" and then "Mild to Wild"

Dean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
Chief yelling alot said:
hears some pics of the old NP 202 in my pickup. If you looking for stranght the 202 can be picked up cheap and is stronger then a 205
That is too funny - a friend gave me one of those two days ago - thinking it was a 205 out of a travelall - even some of the scout sites list the divorced case as the 205...

I got to thinking where the mounts were way different than any 205 I'd seen - plus I thought it was weird it hung upside down like that...

What differences are there between the two - and most importantly what u-joints does it use - (they look kinda like 1310's but possibly 1330's)

Thanks

Matt (the thing is definitely built to survive a thermonuclear war though... :flipoff2: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
IH did use a lot of 205's. I think they switched in ~60-61.

Scout axles under a KIA???
In-freaking-sane man.

GET IT!

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
fledgling666 said:
thanks for all the info guys, as far as the sammy t-case, would it be possible to mount it backwards for a vehicle that has a center rear diff and passenger side front diff? just wondering because the sammy has both passenger side diffs. also, about the LC axles, i would love to have some, but they are EXPENSIVE and very hard to find. i heard of someone about 6 months ago paying close to $1200 for a factory locked set. waggy axles- maybe, but i was kinda partial to getting some Scout II D44s because they are only about 1/2"-1" wider than my stock width. thanks for the info, won't happen for a while anyway, unless i can find the stuff really cheap, just did some repairs, when you can only get stuff from the dealer and a few things from autozone or junkyards, repairs tend to be expensive.

dave:skull:
I don't think you can run the Sami T-case backwards to do what you are trying to do. The high/low gear ratios wouldn't work out. You would be feeding power to the front output of the T-case instead of the normal input shaft. So put the T-case in low range - you would actually be driving the new front output (the old input shaft at 1/2.3 (inverse of the stock low range), and the rear output would be turning the same speed as the input shaft (1:1 ratio). In fact, since the Sami T-case has gear reduction in high-range also, 4WD-high wouldn't work either.

What is your stock axle width? Toyota mini-truck axles are about 55" wide, and are a popular swap, with axle shafts just as strong as LandCruiser axles but with smaller ring & pinion.

Later!
Richard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
anyone help me with this.... I am running a Ford PSD with a E40D and with a married NP 208 I was wanting to also run a stronger divorced T-case I need a driver side drop. any suggestions and how do I cap off the E40D where the married case bolted up? I don't know anyone who has done this.. Help??
I was thinking of a NP 205 or something bigger. I am running rockwells and want a bulletproof t-case. I have not really checked into any gearing comparisons either.... thanks

Rick
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top