Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
NICE.....

Clean look, kinda old CJ. just mount an old CJ grab bar and the guages and you'll be set!

but then they will say your trying to look like a JHeep!!!:D

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I removed my heater, plugged the bottom return and used a 1 inch piece of hose to install the sender in the hose that is connected to the intake manifold. It's *******, but it works OK. Temps read a little high, but f*ck it.

H

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
DSI said:

hey shane, how hot does your motor run anyhow? mine's never even gotten to 180 yet!
You have a bad thermastat......I put a 190 in mine and it runs awesome right there!!

Although when i went to the snow..................We put a snow ball on the heat shield for the exhaust manifold...............It wouldnt melt it:D

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Hank said:
I removed my heater, plugged the bottom return and used a 1 inch piece of hose to install the sender in the hose that is connected to the intake manifold. It's *******, but it works OK. Temps read a little high, but f*ck it.

H
Ah i see....I kept my heater...

I used some autometer guages..with the stock sending unit....It reads a little high right now until i can get the other sending unit in the motor.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i got a mechanical autogage (cheap autometer) gauge in my 1.3L. there is a little sensor thing in there that has 2 wires coming off of it near the thermostat. we pulled that out (the wires where cut before it got it and seems to run fine without it), drilled and tapped it and put the sending unit right there. Works tits, the only problem i've noticed is the needle moves around when the rig is shook real bad (probably cause its a cheap gauge).

·
Registered
306 Posts
here is how my DIY dash turned out

i must admit, it does look like a J**P dash, put it is a lot easer to keep clean.

mine started as part of my engine swap. it was becoming a problem to get all of the suzuki gages to work with the vortec motor. i ended up re-wiring the whole vehicle using a generic "painless wiring" fuse block which is mounted in the glove box. my whole gauge cluster, ignition switch etc goes through 3 harnesses. the dash mounts only by the four bolts that hold the windshield bracket and through the original dash. i unclip the harnesses, unscrew those 4 bolts and the whole thing comes out in about 5 minutes.

God help the one that smackes their head on that grap bar though. it'll be a good one

·
Registered
705 Posts
Re: here is how my DIY dash turned out

bdacus said:
i must admit, it does look like a J**P dash, put it is a lot easer to keep clean.

mine started as part of my engine swap. it was becoming a problem to get all of the suzuki gages to work with the vortec motor. i ended up re-wiring the whole vehicle using a generic "painless wiring" fuse block which is mounted in the glove box. my whole gauge cluster, ignition switch etc goes through 3 harnesses. the dash mounts only by the four bolts that hold the windshield bracket and through the original dash. i unclip the harnesses, unscrew those 4 bolts and the whole thing comes out in about 5 minutes.

God help the one that smackes their head on that grap bar though. it'll be a good one

What kind of steering column did you use?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.