Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever taken a set of tj/lj metalcloaks and done a highline conversion to them?

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What holes need to be drilled at the firewall and are you going to keep going with the highline

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
The standard holes that bolt the fender to the tub at the firewall. The spacing does not work to just bolt the fender on one hole higher. I went with a fiberglass hood from team shej

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive done it already to stock fenders i was just wondering if it was the same way or if there were major alignment issues like with the main support bracket (aka battery tray bracket)

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Yes, the metal cloak fenders have their own bracket for the inner fender/ battery tray and those would need to be re-worked or new ones made.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Did a set for a buddy a year or 2 ago. Not hard but takes some fitting.
Just drilled new mount holes in the fender at the tub and mounted with 3 bolts vs 4. Cut the front gusset/ mount and rebuilt it to fit. Had to pie cut a piece of tube and weld it in to fill for the new radius at the grille. Cut hood like a std hiline and drilled new hood mounts. I'll text him for some photos but don't have any on hand.
Hi lined the rears too with a stretch. Had to heat them up and pull them to clear the 40s he wanted to run.

Made a new battery tray as well...
Oh and the innerfender has to be trimmed at the grille to clear the light

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did a set for a buddy a year or 2 ago. Not hard but takes some fitting.
Just drilled new mount holes in the fender at the tub and mounted with 3 bolts vs 4. Cut the front gusset/ mount and rebuilt it to fit. Had to pie cut a piece of tube and weld it in to fill for the new radius at the grille. Cut hood like a std hiline and drilled new hood mounts. I'll text him for some photos but don't have any on hand.
Hi lined the rears too with a stretch. Had to heat them up and pull them to clear the 40s he wanted to run.

Made a new battery tray as well...
Oh and the innerfender has to be trimmed at the grille to clear the light
Cool thanks for the info

·
Registered
851 Posts
A little bit, but still trying to figure out why this hasn't been moved
Why do people whine about moving threads? As if it's too hard for you to click the back link and find another thread?

They need to make a whiners forum where all the dipshits can debate what is and what is not hardcore....

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
A little bit, but still trying to figure out why this hasn't been moved
Currently, if you can answer yes to the following questions it seems to be good to go:

1) Is there fabrication involved?

2) Are you doing it yourself?

3) Did you search before posting?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Currently, if you can answer yes to the following questions it seems to be good to go:

1) Is there fabrication involved?

2) Are you doing it yourself?

3) Did you search before posting?
Pretty hardcore fenders bruh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts