Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Day one of building a gas powered pressure washer. Having worked in the food industry for 20+ years, I have some experience with pressure washing. I prefer high GPM to high PSI. I've seen tons of equipment/sub strait screwed up with high pressure and I can't stand a washer with less than 5 GPM.

So I'm starting with a Hydra Cell 8 GPM pump and a Subaru Robin 9hp engine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Sweet :smokin:

I'd love to build something like this, or even adapt the pump to a hydraulic motor if possible :D

If you could can you post up where you got the parts and prices too ?
Always nice to not have to search around :)

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So far:
Hydra Cell Pump came from a local bankruptcy auction $150.00

9hp engine came from Ebay $275.00

Tires and Wheels from Harbor Freight $13.00/pr

intake strainers, I had

I bought most of my parts from:
http://www.dultmeier.com/industrial-supply.asp
The rest of my parts will be here this week.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Just curious, are you going to use heated water? I have a heated pressure washer that heats the water to 250 degrees. The heat seems to do as much for cleaning things as the pressure does.
I like where your going with this so far and will be following your build.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If I need/want heat, I will run a hose over to my tankless. It has a commercial controller (180F )and 9 GPM heating rating.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
If I need want heat, I will run a hose over to my tankless. It has a commercial controller (180F )and 9 GPM heating rating.

Now we are talking :smokin:
Never thought of using my shop tankless for a pressure washer, only a parts washer...

This just got interesting! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
282 Posts
The hydracell is actually a diaphragm pump. That size there looks like the $550 version. I would need a part number to get you list prices.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hydracell is actually a diaphragm pump. That size there looks like the $550 version. I would need a part number to get you list prices.
I never said it wasn't a diaphragm pump. List price is over a grand. ( D/G-10-E)

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I've made some progress. Cart/mount is coming along. Pump end will steer, and motor slides for belt tension.

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think because if it did it would either blow your heating coil up or turn to steam as it left the nozzle. I would bet it heats to 210 all day though.
I don't know for sure though it's your shit.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts