Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can beadlock rims be unmounted and the tire reused on a non beadlock rim? I have beadlocks rims that came with my 37" MTRs and I drive my XJ to the trails, so I don't need or want the beadlocks anymore. Is it possible to reuse my tires on a non beadlock rim once they came off of beadlock rim? In other words, does beadlocking a rim/tire, hurt the tire making it unable to run on a non beadlock rim in the future. Sorry this is so confusing. :D

If the tire is uneffected, is it expensive to have a shop unmount a tire from a beadlock rim? Does anyone have a good shop to do this in Sacramento, CA that is reasonably priced?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Tire will still go on a normal rim no problem.
Shops don't mess with beadlock rims.

·
Registered
462 Posts
bigredjeep1 said:
If the tire is uneffected, is it expensive to have a shop unmount a tire from a beadlock rim? Does anyone have a good shop to do this in Sacramento, CA that is reasonably priced?
You would have to un-bolt the rings and I am sure a tire shop would do the rest and mount them on the new rims. I had Discount Tire mount the inner bead on my beadlocks for $4 a tire.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
are you going to sell the rims???? jeep. so 5 on 5.5 lug pattern?

i am interested if u are.. what is the size of it?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
71BRONCO71 said:
are you going to sell the rims???? jeep. so 5 on 5.5 lug pattern?

i am interested if u are.. what is the size of it?

thanks in advance
5 on 5.5 15x8" with 3-4" bs. Here are some pics:

I just wanted to get some 37" MTRs from someone here, mount then up to regular steel rims, and then sell my 4 37" MTRs on the beadlock rims. I should know within the next few days what I want to do. I have 5 35" unrimmed MTRs waiting on the decision as well With my 5.43 gears, I want to run 37's, but don't need the beadlocks because I drive to the trails, I don't air my tires down past 10 psi, they are illegal on road.

Troy

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
the beauty of beadlock wheels is the ease of mounting/dismounting the tires. unless the beadlocks are a add on where the inner ring is welded to the factory wheel lip I don't see why anyone couldnt quickly mount/dismount there own tires. it will save some cash and headaches as all tire shops won't be beadlock friendly.

... waiting patiently to watch this turn into a beadlock leagality issue thread....

·
Registered
749 Posts
Damn Ladd ......I was just going to attest to that fact :D Ya beat me to it brother :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
bigredjeep1 said:
just wanted to get some 37" MTRs from someone here, mount then up to regular steel rims, and then sell my 4 37" MTRs on the beadlock rims. I should know within the next few days what I want to do. I have 5 35" unrimmed MTRs waiting on the decision as well With my 5.43 gears, I want to run 37's, but don't need the beadlocks because I drive to the trails, I don't air my tires down past 10 psi, they are illegal on road.

Troy
PM with a price .. interested in them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts