Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just up-graded from 35-16 boggers to 37 MTRs. Never had a problem with gashing the sidewalls on the boggers, but I still carried a spare I never used. Should I just get rid of the dead weight, or would a spare MTR be justified? Or should I just keep my spare bogger for a spare?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you don't get frozen with no kind of top on that thing? I just got an 85 I might build up and looks like that's the way to go!:D But, hell, I'm in Texas and never see that kind of weather.;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
always carry a spare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
depends on where you wheel and how much you are willing to risk.

i wheel mostly at the hammers and never carry a spare with me on the rig. i leave it beack at camp. in the last 4 years i have only needed it once and we simple drove another rig back to the trailer and got it. in our group of guys i wheel with only one actually carrys a spare on his rig. he has never used it.

i do however carry plugs and boots. so i am capable of fixing holes and rips.

your call

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I carry plenty of plugs and even some "tractor tire" style patches, d also a tube big enough to fit in a 37" tire. Maybe I'll buy the spare with the "unconditional" free replacement and that should work on all the tires! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, I feel devious.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I carried a spare for years and never used it. I lent it out once on the trail but never needed it myself.. I just changed tire sizes and style and decided I dont want a spare on my truck anymore. I just leave one in the tow rig sorta like the "camo method" if you will, I carry plugs and air so I'm think its all good..

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
TXLUGNUT said:
did I mention that I have beadlocks and would that change your mind?
what does that have to do with anything ?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
camo said:

what does that have to do with anything ?
I was waitin for your pad postin ass to show up here............(missed the first one!:flipoff2:)

Lets say, for instance, I bust the bead off the rim often; that would mean a better chance of the rim slicing into the sidewall of the tire............thus, REALLY needing a spare......

But the facts are, I shouldn't, and haven't, broken a bead since I got the beadlocks, lessening the chance of cutting up a tire. Then a spare is less warranted........

GO.......................

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
well growing up near pismo dunes and going there literly hundred of times and loosing dozens of beads off the rim i have never experianced this. you are worried about a very rare or possibly non existient situation

don't worry dude there are no black helocopters outside .......:rolleyes:

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
For the kind of trails that I run I always carry a spare. Yes I have used it at least 22 times (that is the number of tire I had replaced under Americas Tire Co. Road Hazzard-BFG's:flipoff2:). If I ran the Hammers all the time, it would be in camp!!!:D

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm gonna runn em a couple of times to see if I like them, if not, I will sell them or trade for 38.5 SX's.............

1 - 17 of 17 Posts