Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a basic 3 inch lift from 4wd hardware on my 2006 jeep wrangler sport. It came with the transfercase lowering kit, which i installed. My question is do i really need it, wouldn't my axles be long enough to where it doesnt make a difference? My jeep being a standard the lowering kit sometimes keeps it from staying in 4th 6th and reverse because the stick hits the center consel.
Also the lowering kit takes awaysome of my ground clearance.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The only way of knowing for sure is to take it off and see if you have vibration issues...you might get away with it..I dont know what you mean about your axles being long enough??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thanx, and what i meant was drive shafts, about the drive shafts, its that my buddy who has a lifted cherokee had to take off the additonal 2 inch spacer lift because his drive shafts werent long enough and they were causing vibration which messed up his rear end,

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Remove the tcase lowering kit and see how the vibes are. If its not too bad you can try using some 3/4 IRRC as kinda like a shim and drop the tcase skid a cunt hair and you may be rid of any vibes. That way if you do have vibes you can eliminate them and not give up ground clearance. A SYE is still the best way to go though...start saving up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts