Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for donors to turn my single circuit Air over hydro brakes on my M35 to a slightly safer 2 circuit system. I just read that the 1300's have AOH brakes as well - do you guys know anything about these?

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
276 Posts
They used both single and dual circuit AOH brakes on the 406/416s. They also came with both 4 wheel drum and disc setups. Be aware that Mog parts are pricey; parts Mogs are around but like any old parts vehicle, the brake system probably won't be in good shape.

You dead set on AOH. I'm assuming that you don't have a good vac source. Some domestic diesels use vac pumps or hydraullic assist. Just some other options.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I'm dead set on AOH since my wheel cylinders are all hydraulic.

I took the day off and went and looked around a whole mess of heavy truck yards today, and I found that AOH is alive and well in the new COE diesels... which I could booty without a vacuum pump etc. I found a newer Hino that would be perfect, and also an Isuzu that would work perfect. These look like they are the business I need, and like you said, they've got the advantage of not needing either the major overhaul that old parts do, and they weren't born with that overpriced peace sign on em either. ;)

Like always, it just took an hour in the junkyard to work out the problem. Thanks again for the possible lead.

Cheers
Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts