Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
P0230 Transfer pump Circuit Out Of Range

I am getting this code, truck won't start. I am getting fuel to the vp44, but do not know what the pressure is. Does this mean my LP is shot?

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Emievil....sorry man I am still learning this shit myself.

Replaced my lift pump. Got the 1693 code now. Fawk this thing is pissing me off. Ordering a vp44 today. Well if I can afford to order one I will.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
On the P1689, the first thing to check is fuel pressure.

Then disconnect the battery's, clean the connections to the apps, ip, ecm and pcm. Also any inline connections between any of these. Look for any ground connections that need to be cleaned also.

After reconnecting the battery's unplug the ip, check the voltage to the top 2 pins should be the same as the battery the key has to be turned on. This is quick test to make sure the ecm is not bad.

Next reset the appps.

If all this don't work, the ip is going out.

Like I said I went though this about 2 months ago. I had just replace the ip, the new one was bad.

I had a Dodge mechanic give me the list of thing to do. The also said that most of the time with the P1689 code the ip was bad. The electronic in the pump are bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.