Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 dodge 3/4 ton and wanting an after market bumper to hold winch and protech the front. Any body have pic's of theirs?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I built one for my Ramcharger a while back. No stinger/grill guard for now... I'll add that when I actually put the winch on.

It's 2" .120 wall tube, 2x4 .120 wall rectangular mounts, 1/4 plate for the winch mounting, and 3/16 plate on the lower portion. It's quite effective as a lawn dart (stood the whole rig up on it). and yeah... I won't win any awards for the aesthetics of some of my welds.:shaking:

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
You should switch to a lighter shade lens. If you haven't tried a gold coated lens, give one a shot, it lets you see a little color and it's much easier to see the puddle, which seems to be your problem.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Here's mine... .120 1 3/4" stinger, 1/4" front and lower plates, outers are 1/8" and the bottom (platform is 3/8" and 1/4" c channel.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
heres a few i've done

Attachments

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
yep

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
heres a few i've done
The ones on the newer dodges look good but the one on the old dodge doesnt fit the body style at all, it needed more strait lines then the cerved lines its got. But still great work looks way better then the one i build on my dodge!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great bumpers so far. Any more out there? I've got an '01 2500 that's getting a bumper soon. Haven't decided between home-fab and store-bought.

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
Yeah no shit. A scary ride at first, but the truck didn't move at all so no problems. That's her last week on the way to a friends shop where I'm building the trans, twins, and pulling the head for o-ringing. My trailer has rails on the sides so it had no chance of fitting.

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,171 Posts
One I built for a customer a few months back. I had to make the bumper taller to make up for the 3" body thift that he had installed. I did mover the stock front body mounts up and took the BL pucks out thought. I made pervisions for an inset winch but the customer has not bought one yet so I opted not to cut the hole for the fairlead.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts