Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of springs that measure 2 inches wide and 43 inches long...would these be off a jeep?? The only other thing I can think is maybe an IH?

I just acquired them and would like to know if they are a common spring that could be easily gotten from a JY.

Thanks in advance,
steved

·
Registered
29,224 Posts
I beleive the Scout 800s or 80s (little scouts) have a 2" 43-44" spring.

I think front CJ springs are a little longer than 43 though, I think they're 45.

Might try with the Scout guys, or get a definate length on a front CJ spring.

I probably didn't solve your problem, but I think I gave you some places to start looking.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
All YJ springs are 3 inches wide. CJ fronts are 2 1/2" and CJ rears are 3" ( I forget what year they started this config.) The older years had different measurements. I don't remember the length off hand though. Does sound like possible Scout stuff. Hope this helps a little.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
rockcrawler304 said:
All YJ springs are 3 inches wide. CJ fronts are 2 1/2" and CJ rears are 3" ( I forget what year they started this config.) The older years had different measurements. I don't remember the length off hand though. Does sound like possible Scout stuff. Hope this helps a little.
Are you sure about that? :confused:

Length of CJ rear springs. 43.5 rear 2.5" wide, front 2" wide

:D

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
rockcrawler304 said:
All YJ springs are 3 inches wide. CJ fronts are 2 1/2" and CJ rears are 3" ( I forget what year they started this config.)
Sorry, but this is incorrect. YJ springs are 2.5" wide. CJ fronts are 2" and rears are 2.5". This is for '76-86 CJ's. Pre '76 CJ springs are 1.75" front and rear.

·
Registered
873 Posts
CSP said:
Sorry, but this is incorrect. YJ springs are 2.5" wide. CJ fronts are 2" and rears are 2.5". This is for '76-86 CJ's. Pre '76 CJ springs are 1.75" front and rear.

Sounds right to me, I could measure when I get home. I have a set of lift springs off of a 73ish CJ5 in the garage (Not on my rig of course) They are VERY stiff and not worth the metal they're made from IMO.

What are you planning to use them for? Seems to me that front YJ springs are about the same length + a little, 2 1/2" wide, and a lot softer for what it's worth to ya.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bigger Springs

White7 said:
Maybe things are bigger in TEXAS

Stop sniffing the Krylon.................CJ fronts are 2" wide.....if I need to then i can post pics of you inhaling to much paint............o wait that was me...........but CJ springs are 2" wide in the front and 2 1/2" wide in the rear- :grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
White7 said:
Maybe things are bigger in TEXAS

They sure the hell are!!! :flipoff2:

Anyways.....my bad

I must of had a brain fart when I was thinking of the measurements. 2" frt and 2 1/2 rear is correct.

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts