Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 701 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was looking parts from ebay, and there were 78-97 Ford D60 spindles. Ford used same spindle for two decades? If so, that makes it so much easier to find parts. I'm going to gather parts little by little, when ever I find a good deal. At the moment both bearings are fine, LH was replaced couple of years ago, I'm just waiting RH to let go.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Thanks for the writeup. I've been planning this once my bearings go but didn't have 100% confirmation that it would work until now. Great writeup!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know, maybe I am not very smart but I really need a list of parts and year they came off of. Could you please help me out here?

Floyd

·
Registered
361 Posts
There's two TTB 3/4 ton set ups. One uses the smaller 8 lug D44 style hubs/shafts/smaller u-joints. One uses the bigger D60 style hubs/shafts/bigger D60 u-joints. The shafts in 79fordgirl's post came from a TTB 50. The spindles on the "HD" TTB 50 work fine for the BJ Ford D50 and D60 knuckles.
ttb 50s use 1350 series u-joints not the 1480 dana 60s com with.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I don't know, maybe I am not very smart but I really need a list of parts and year they came off of. Could you please help me out here?

Floyd
Any balljoint Ford D60. Knuckles, outer stub shafts, and everything connected to them (ie, spindle, rotor, lockout).

Been telling my buddy ever since he was looking at a D60 front swap on his RC that Ford outers are the cheapest/easiest way to do a free-spin conversion.

Ford = Win (up to and including '96) :flipoff2:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does anyone know the difference between the 92-96 and 96.5-98 Ford Dana 60's. I've searched around with limited results. I have found a few axles in the 96.5-98 range and figured if they work it would increase options for the swap. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
Does anyone know the difference between the 92-96 and 96.5-98 Ford Dana 60's. I've searched around with limited results. I have found a few axles in the 96.5-98 range and figured if they work it would increase options for the swap. :confused:
I've looked at the D60 under a 96 and a 97 powerstroke, and as far as I can tell they are identicle. There were no 98 1ton super duty's so I don't think there would be any axles listed as that year. As far as I know 92-97 are all indenticle.

·
Antisocial
3,977 Posts
A little late but did you paint the rotors black? Friction surface area too?? :laughing:
No, she didn't, it was just reflection.:homer:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
NICE!

Questions for the OP... you said your "tires" stick out 3/4 to 1" more... is this per side of total?? I could do with 1" total... but per side would make me 4" wider than the rear axle :eek: Stupid narrow 14 bolt.

The other question... will dodge calipers work on these knuckles? I understand that you are using them but it wasn't clear if its an option to keep the original calipers.

Mike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Due to the caliper mounts being cast as part of the knuckles on both the Dodge and the Ford knuckles in the year ranges mentioned you have to run the corresponding Dodge knuckle with Dodge caliper and Ford Knuckle with Ford Caliper.

Been about 15K miles on this set up now. Still going great! Did 20.1 MPG the last time we checked (that's with a Cummins, 47RE, 4.10 gears and 245/75R16's...).

·
Registered
15 Posts
YOur a CHICK Thats Awsome!!! I started reading the post and then you said Me and I was like What and looked at the picture lol. Excellent right Up. I wondered about doing this myself. Very informative.

61 - 80 of 701 Posts