Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 1359 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I've wanted a Carryall for YEARS now. I've had a few M37s, which are cool trucks, but there is nothing quite like a carryall. This particular one I aquired from another P4x4 member. He had a short build thread going on here over in the dodge forum where he had swapped in a 14 bolt and Dana 60 and was running a 4bt for power. He was up to the point of driving it but had not ironed out a lot of interior details and such, and it was rear-ended by some asshat and then the insurance company took two years to figure out what to do.

Well, I was lucky enough to strike a deal with the PO and drove from Virginia, to Baton Rouge, LA to pick this thing up.

Plans after straightening out the body are:

Edited as its changed:
Eaton H072 Rear (If you follow my other builds, you should have been expecting that one)
Eaton HO52/King Pin 60 Hybrid Front
38" Michelins, hoping to find some Hutchinsons or have Stazworks built
Worked over 4bt, or ideally a tweaked common rail variant "ISB170". (No room for 6bt, so don't waste your breath)
Allison 1000 Auto
Divorced NP205

Also at the same time, my wife has started a project. She scored a '68 Airstream Overlander for one heck of a deal. She is planning on gutting the thing and completely re-vamping it with all kinds of new interior.

I know this whole thing would be better posted on other forums, but with the size and resources of P4x4, I feel as though the project would benefit as much from being here as anywhere else.

And ofcourse, everyone always likes pictures... The truck needs some cosmetic work. I've only had my hands on it for a little over a week and have been busy with work so I haven't really had a chance to even inventory all of the extra parts that came with it.

#shitllbuffout...

And the wife and HER airstream...

·
Registered
14,459 Posts
I know this whole thing would be better posted on other forums
Cool tow rig project, cool trailer project, totally smokin' hot wife - not to mention doing her trailer project - put that thought the fawk out of your head and post away! :D

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Cool project! Carryall looks to be in decent shape

And definitely need more pics of "HER" :smokin:

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Cool tow rig project, cool trailer project, totally smokin' hot wife - not to mention doing her trailer project - put that thought the fawk out of your head and post away! :D
+1 :smokin:

·
WHEEEEEEEEEE!
3,910 Posts
Thats a really cool rig, followed the build on 4btswaps.

Sorry to see it wrecked, but great to see it going to a new owner that can treat it well!

Don't fully rule out a 4BD1T, and I know someone in your general area that might be able to point you to a VP44 pumped 4.5 Cummins...

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I am certainly looking forward to rebuilding this old thing.

For those that are hooked on her... There are some pics of her in the build thread for her DD Jeep TJ.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1001240

Gavan, glad that you recognize the truck. I figured a few people would as its incredibly unique. Previous owner has been great to work with through the process of change in ownership. He is getting started on moving his driveline into a WC56 chassis that I hauled down to him when I picked up this WC53.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I recognize that Carryall too. The PO did an awesome job on building it. I was sorry to see it get wrecked. Glad to see it is getting a new lease on life.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Love the truck and trailer!!! Maybe you can bring it to Jenro's one saturday night when I'm not out on the boat. Would like to seeit.
I saw about a dozen old WW2 Fords/Willys Jeeps out at the Pungo Airfield yesterday, and now I got a hankering for a flatfender.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
ohhh ... i guess nothing in this thread is going to hurt my eyes when looking at it :p

love the Dodge , the Airstream and especially the hair color :smokin:

btw
tell your pretty wife that i may have some Airstream repair parts laying around if she needs something ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Glad to see another Eaton build going on. This one will be very interesting to watch!

·
Registered
14,459 Posts
For those that are hooked on her... There are some pics of her in the build thread for her DD Jeep TJ.
Ok... That Carryall and Airstream look pretty damn dirty to me... Time to give them a wash... :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Ok... That Carryall and Airstream look pretty damn dirty to me... Time to give them a wash... :flipoff2:
oh yes, its very important that you wash the projects before you start working on them :D

any updates ? :p (sorry for the pressure... cant wait to see more pics of that WC53)

Q; why the 4bt ?
i understand the 6bt I-6 block length problem but why not a compact V8 diesel ?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any updates ? :p (sorry for the pressure... cant wait to see more pics of that WC53)

Q; why the 4bt ?
i understand the 6bt I-6 block length problem but why not a compact V8 diesel ?
No updares yet. Work has me by the balls up to the holiday and then Im wheeling the trail rig over the weekend.

I have some friends trying to talk me into a 7.3, which would be a shoe horn for sure. Custom accesory brackets etc. The 4bt will have a hot nasty tune. Im holding out for a 4.5L common rail version as they are torque monsters and are small enough to leave plenty of room for intercoolers and the Vintage A/C components under the hood. I think I forgot to mention that A/C and heated seats are also in the build. Ha ha!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
No updares yet. Work has me by the balls up to the holiday and then Im wheeling the trail rig over the weekend.
Headed to Crozet? Wish I was going. Just really tied up right now.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
cool truck, your wife is pretty. well played.
Yup. Cool truck, love to watch folks with more know how build excellent way to learn.

Still don't understand how you can be productive after seeing them pics though. Geezus. :laughing: :flipoff2: :smokin:

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
I have some friends trying to talk me into a 7.3, which would be a shoe horn for sure. Custom accesory brackets etc. The 4bt will have a hot nasty tune. Im holding out for a 4.5L common rail version as they are torque monsters and are small enough to leave plenty of room for intercoolers and the Vintage A/C components under the hood. I think I forgot to mention that A/C and heated seats are also in the build. Ha ha!
I don't mind my 7.3L IDI, but it WOULD NOT be my choice for a swap.
How about a DT444E or PSD?

·
Registered
183 Posts
ditto everything except the big heavy diesels...

A 4bt/QSB4.5 will be perfect for that truck. There is at least one common rail version with 170hp and 420 TQ stock, should be plenty.

1 - 20 of 1359 Posts