Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm trying to get an engine harness for my 90 pickup. I've found a few, but i'm not sure if they work correctly. First of all, my truck is a 22re 4wd 5speed truck. I've found 2 different people selling harnesses, both are a bit different from mine. One has the exact same ECU numbers but came off a 2wd. The other has different numbers, but came from the same year and is listed to come from a 4spd manual. I just need to know if these would plug in ok and work correctly, and if so, which would be better? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
22re w/a 4 spd manual? :confused:

My 86 had a five speed, and most of the 2wd's that I've seen came with 5 spd's. Are you sure it was a 4spd?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what it lists when i look up the ecu number at www.ecudirect.com
for 1990 toyota pickup
ecu #: 89661-35160
which is 22re 4spd/MT

my original is the 89661-35150
which is all 22re mt except 4spd/MT

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
do it. the harness should work, if they are 5 speed and one is auto, you will run into probs but they need to be about the same year, there are a few different versions of the toyota efi out there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do it. the harness should work, if they are 5 speed and one is auto, you will run into probs but they need to be about the same year, there are a few different versions of the toyota efi out there.
Both are manual transmission. one has same ecu numbers but is 2wd. Other is 4spd Manual transmission and 4x4. Both exact same year. I just wanna know which would be a better bet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts