Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I wish there was then there might be one for my 53. The closest I have found is for a CJ5 or 7 from tomken.

Will

·
Registered
809 Posts
Nope.

I just did a 1/4 elliptic rear on a '46 for a guy, but I also made a new frame and stretched it a bit (105" Wheelbase). Willys frames leave a lot to be desired when run with 35" plus tires, so I don't think anyone will come out with one either.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
There is no commercial available kit for that vehicle at this time. You could buy a kit for a CJ-7, and modify it, but since you mention you have neither the time nor expertise to fabricate such a kit maybe having one custom made at a 4wd shop is in order for you. Oh and maybe the lack of responses here is due to your "bolt on" question, read the faq for this newsgroup. flipoff2: If you want bolt on go to JU.

Ben:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jeepboyben said:
since you mention you have neither the time nor expertise to fabricate such a kit.

Ben:
I said I didn't have the tooling or shop space. I never said I didn't have the expertise or the time.

Thanks to the rest of you who responded!

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
GEARSINMYHEAD said:

I said I'm a tool in outer space. I never not said I didn't not have the time for expertise.

All your questions can be answered here.

Thanks to the rest of you who responded!
You're wlecome.
:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
i never found anybody, so i'm fabin mine. i know you don't have a shop, but if your still lookin come June, maybe I'll be able to at least give some specs to a shop to built a kit for ya. Ask me in June and i'll let you know how it works. i should be headin to South Fork CO sometime that month.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
actualy i was following a link around a bit in a thread a while ago (ya i know real helpful) but found a couple south american companys that make BOLT ON (or at least looked) coil over kits on flattys and samuri's
too bad i cant read spanish, if i find the link i will attach it

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
usmcdoc14 said:
actualy i was following a link around a bit in a thread a while ago (ya i know real helpful) but found a couple south american companys that make BOLT ON (or at least looked) coil over kits on flattys and samuri's
too bad i cant read spanish, if i find the link i will attach it
I'd appreciate it. My spanish sux. My bro Paco can translate though.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Your sig reads 377CI on glass tub. Are you running the stock 50+year old, open C-channel frame? And if you are, I would think that the frame has to have seen some mods to accommodate that big motor. You gotta be doubling or more on the original horsepower, increasing weight in the drivetrain area, which is shifting the weight-transfer of that already short WB nugget. Are you running the stock WB?

If you are considering a severe suspension modification like that, you might want to re-think using the original frame. Gawd, even now, without changing over to coils I would at least get in there and box it in.

To me, switching to coils means you plan on major abuse to the vehicle. If so, make the frame at least as strong as the rest of that cool-sounding ride. Hell, everything, up and including the cage (ou are running a cage, right?), hangs off that frame.

I urge you to build your vehicle on the strongest foundation you can. That being said, you don't need a shop or fab tools. you just need to get to a welder ASAP! Good luck;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
near bolt on welder for sale cheep

1 - 13 of 13 Posts