Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I think i have a small pinhole in my radiator. I checked the lines and the seal on the thermostat housing and they all seem fine, so i am pretty sure it is the radiator. Does alumaseal really work or is there a better product out?

nick

·
Registered
29,224 Posts
Most of the products out there are just temporary patches until you get it really fixed. You have to remember how radiators are pressurized.

If it is just a "small pinhole" take it to a radiator shop, and get them to fix it right, or buy a new radiator. Or even a new one. A radiator for a YJ will cost about $100, and if you have a 2.5 you might as well put the 6cyl one on, they mount the same.

·
Registered
720 Posts
alumaseal

Heck Ya it works, It sealed up 1 big hole and 1 pinhole in less than a minute. As to it's longevity I'm still driving it. My buddy's radiator must have 4 or 5 tubes and it's still holding coolant.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Shit I that shit even fixes (temporarily) cracks in between the valves in the heads, just make sure you run the heather because it will clog the heater core hoses. I used it for about 3 months at a time, but again its not permanent.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I had a decent sized leak in mine too a few months ago. Put it in and not a drop has leaked since.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Guess i will go out and buy a tube and see how it works.
Thanks again :beer:
nick

·
Registered
308 Posts
I agree that it does well in block cracks and in radiators with larger cores, but do not like it in smaller core radiators or heater cores. I use to work for a parts house and heard too much horror stories about Aluma-seal. I am a loyal fan of Bars-leak and the BG products version, plus these are flexible with the expansion and contraction of the cooling system.
Just my nickels worth.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts