Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone recognize this LSD?

This is a 10 bolt ring gear, and 27 spline axle, but I don't know the axle type. I have not seen the axle bearing surface like this, maybe for a antilock ring or something?

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
looks like an open diif with a selectable locker maybe toyota or suzuki or somehting

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it is a toy open.

I don't know about selectable, and I have no idea why the gear side of the bearing surface is notched. I think if I identify that, I'll have it.

I got this for free, and it will be so much easier to sell if I knew what the hell it is...

This is the closest I have found so far, A detroit for a 10 bolt, but the pics online are always the same stock pics, and the webing on the ring side is not a match.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have another piece to the mystery...

Those odd charcters cast into the housing, when read right side up, spell "MERCEDES BENZ" :homer::homer::homer:

I have some excuse, I don't speak or read German. :shaking:

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The notches in the bearing shoulder are odd.
The notches are the engagement for the locker. It has a collar on the axle shaft that is actuated and locked into the notches.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
The notches are the engagement for the locker. It has a collar on the axle shaft that is actuated and locked into the notches.

thats the diff i was getting at thought it was a bit more obvious

Thank you :smokin::smokin::smokin:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
It doresn't look like a selectable locker, it looks like a front (or rear) axle disconnect.

:edited:

an axle disconnect would not work well by locking to the axle to the carrier :shaking:
(well it would work but i dont think auto manufactures would allow a solidly locked front axle)

ELockerMovie - YouTube

·
Registered
186 Posts
but i dont think auto manufactures would allow a solidly locked front axle)[/SIZE]
]
Yes, E-lock, But, Heep Rubicons have had front and rear air lockers since 2004 :Dstandard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts