Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a question about my Clifford 6=8 manifold. The intake port on my cylinder head is bigger than the port on my manifold. I can flow the 6 ports of my manifold and make them as big as the intake port of the head but does that have any effect on power and torque or does it bring nothing?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for you reply.

Does bigger intake and exhaust valves in the cylinder head also have effect on horsepower and torque?

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,505 Posts
Yes. Larger valves improve high rpm flow which improves hp. If you were thinking of modifying a 4.2 head, replace it with a 4.0 head. It is light years better out of the box.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Clifford MPI kit with header on my 258 engine and head and that system does not work with the 4.0 cylinderhead. So i must stay with the 258 head.

·
Registered
98 Posts
just a question. I am not familiar with the system, but that system looks similar to the intake on a 4.0. could you use the 4.0 head, intake, injector rail, and throttle body with the Clifford MAF? or is the issue that the 4.0 intake isn't compatible with the 258 exhaust?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This MFI system was made more than 20 years ago by Turbo city and Clifford. They made this system to use for the 258 engine to have a smog legal jeep in all states in the US. Not much later jeep came with the 242 engines with injection and that made this system way to expensive. The price for this sytem 20 years ago was $ 2700. They sold it for onlky 2 years without much succes because the price was to high and for less money you could buy other option with more power.

So this system only works on the 258 engine and i bought it as a package deal with clifford cam and headers. It is a brand new system but only 20 years old. It will not work on the 4.0 HO heads unfortunately. That is why i have to use my 258 head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts