Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a bellhousing that uses a mechanical clutch and is between a 345 and a T19? My Dad needs one for the conversion he's doing. He has a '68 Scout 800 with the aforementioned engine and transmission (after he finds a bellhousing).

Old Scout, a while back you offered to sell me a bellhousing......did that bellhousing utilize a hydrolic clutch?

thanks guys,

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Yes, well maybe. The Scout II's used a linkage clutch with the long input shaft on the Scout II specific T18's and T19's. If you have the Ford T19 then things are going to be more difficult.

Joe

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Nope it's a standard old Mechanical linkage type. There has been more than a few hydraulic retro fits on all sorts of junk here over the years. A new clutch master and slave are ~ 100 for the pair.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Assuming you want to use the stock clutch linkage..

We swapped a '75 Scout II 304/T19 with SII bellhousing into my fiance's '68 V8 800.

What it boils down to is the stock SII mechanical "arm" on the fork pivot is roughly 180-deg off from where it needs to be for the 68 800 linkage.

Solution - some flat bar, a drill, and a welder.. and we had a new "arm" attached in the right place for the 68 800 linkage.

Otherwise, you could probably use any stock 68 V8 bellhousing from a T90 or T18.. the T18 bell would probably work as-is, the T90 may need opened up in some places..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.