Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard a lot about over rating the motors and specs on them. The price on this one just seems way too good to be true.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=H4519

# This 3 HP Air Compressor outclasses all others in its price range. Period.
# Features a powerful 220V 3HP motor, two cylinder aluminum pump with cast iron cylinder liners, V-belt drive, oil lubrication, an incredible 10.9 CFM @ 40 PSI, 9.1 CFM @ 90 PSI, 11 gallon welded steel tank, pneumatic tires and a 115 PSI maximum working pressure.
# Fills the 11 gallon tank from 0 to 115 PSI in a little over a minute…that's fast!
# Weighs 179 lbs.

9.1 at 90 PSI, for 258 bucks shipped? The tank is small, but I've read in another thread that large tanks are really only good for bursts.. like impact guns, and then the motor is what really counts. Is this a valid option? The specs seem almost too good to be true when you compare other compressors in that price range.

:confused:

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
48 views but no replies? I guess everyone got sidetracked by the second link :laughing:

·
Registered
231 Posts
damn man.....your still shopping? :flipoff2:

just buy somethin' already. :p if it sounds too
good to be true....it probably is. i just don't
think your going to be happy with the small
volume/hp over the long haul if you want one
unit for all needs & plan to run air tools.
i like it for portable use though. do you know
anybody with a smaller portable you could
borrow for a few days? would give you alot
better idea how they perform.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
but the HF one sucks for usage other then an impact wrench. it cannot sustain use of a grinder of any sort. plus, parts start failing about a year into it. yes though, it was a good unit when it was all i could afford. for $100 more i picked up a lightly used 60 gallon CH that i really like, is dual pump, cast iron, and 220v. that's not always an option though.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
ZJim said:
And for your time, here are some pics of a bikini contest. Probably not work safe.

http://babes.usefulidiot.com/view.php?id=3036

:eek:

haha, i know the dude with the cowboy hat at the judges table. funny guy. loud, bald, started a company for sunscreen targetted for bald heads. partied with him at a convention in santa monica last year.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
socalchef said:
haha, i know the dude with the cowboy hat at the judges table. funny guy. loud, bald, started a company for sunscreen targetted for bald heads. partied with him at a convention in santa monica last year.

Small world eh? His mother must be so proud :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
F-Trooper said:
damn man.....your still shopping? :flipoff2:

just buy somethin' already. :p if it sounds too
good to be true....it probably is. i just don't
think your going to be happy with the small
volume/hp over the long haul if you want one
unit for all needs & plan to run air tools.
i like it for portable use though. do you know
anybody with a smaller portable you could
borrow for a few days? would give you alot
better idea how they perform.

I'm always shopping :flipoff2:

Maybe I'll just wait for something with a larger tank. I wish they had a local store I could go down to and save myself 58 bucks in shipping. Considering this is only 40 bucks more than the HF compressor, it seems like a much better option. I've got too many plans for my rig and not enough time or money :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts