Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine sure did...
I finally got tired of getting soaked every time I forgot to push the water off my top. I looked at those bows that you put under the top to keep it from puddleing for $35 and I thought to myself "Hey, I can build that for $5". You should be able to pick up all the parts for this at your local hardware store.

What you will need...
A 10' piece of 1/2 CPVC
4 Tee connectors
4 couplers
4 stainless steel screws (I used 14x1 1/4)
4 nylon spacers (can't remember the exact size)

All you have to do it attach the spacers to the roll bar with the screws. Two on each side.

Measure the distance from roll bar to roll bar and cut it a little longer so it will bow.
Do this twice and cut them into 3rds
Attach the Tees and put the couplers on the end.
The finish product should look something like this

Now with the bikini top on just insert each end onto the spacers (you make need to trim each side a little to get it to fit in)

VIOLA! your top will no longer puddle and the bow can be removed in seconds.

·
Registered
19,423 Posts
Countdown to this getting moved...

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Welby said:
Countdown to this getting moved...

WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!

(damn funny movie :D)

·
Registered
19,423 Posts
Told ya :flipoff2:

Dude, The Warriors is the shit (In a laughable kind of way... :D )

Interesting idea, but here's mine. Take hand. Push on top. Water goes away :D

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Or you could have some tube welded in that would have a dual purpose. And you could also take your top off and not have to do something with the sprinkler pipe.

Later.

Ken S.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uglyscout said:
Love the KC lights!!!
Yeah, they are coming off when I park it in the garage for the axle swap. :flipoff2:

Originally posted by welby Interesting idea, but here's mine. Take hand. Push on top. Water goes away
Yes, I usualy do that but I'm forgetful...and when that happens your get a wet lap.

Originally posted by unimogken
Or you could have some tube welded in that would have a dual purpose. And you could also take your top off and not have to do something with the sprinkler pipe.
Some of us can't weld, and the sprinkler system will pop off in about 5 seconds :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts