Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started bone stock, 360 4 barrel, th400 and quadra trac.

SOA, rear shackle flip and custom rear spring mounts (on fromt of rear springs) new wheels.

Put a lunchbox locker in the rear, a powr-lok in the front along with some 3.73s, put 33s on added a 2 inch body lift and trimmed the front of the rear fenders.

Pulled the AMC 360, TH400 and quadra trac out. Have added a front and rear receiver.

Added 351M, C6 and NP205, built headers and made 205 fit in upside down, with cable shift.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And moved front axle forward by turning front springs end for end, and put front clip back on.

That's where I'm at now. Have driveshafts and brake master cylinder push rod left along with some small stuff.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well a lot of you people on this forum have no idea about the history of this Engine/trans/t case, but it's been in two other rigs that I had built. I had a saying on the front fender, so I ordered up a sticker for the front fenders of the jeep.
The first rig. It's self explanatory why I got rid of that one.

The second rig. Parted it out due to loss of interest in it.

This will be going on the Jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Judging by the pic of the 79 ford I assume a full cage is in the works? I am in the process of swapping the drivetrain from a 78 snowfighter into a CJ Juggy. What kind of power are you able to get out of that 351m?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am planning on a full cage. Hope to just take it into the race shop in town and have them build me one. I don't have access to a good bender.

As for HP, and what not, I'm not too sure what it's putting out. It's never seen a dyno. It needs a 750CFM carb on it instead of this 600. But it's putting out respectable power for what it is.

Here's a shot vid of a test drive.
Wagoneer test drive. - YouTube

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finished putting the body all back together.

Now have to make sure the front axle clears the oil pan on full flex, and figure out if my steering will work as is after moving the font axle forward and not moving the steering box.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny you should say that, I've got a thread there called "Ford Wagoneer build" lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Outboarded the front springs, used the stock hanger, added a new part to the outside, and bolted it in.

D60 front out of 03 Superduty, 10.25 rear axle. Rear fit right on the leafs. , but gets into the gas tank. Waiting for some spring plates and u bolts.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I redrilled the front hubs to match the back.

Got some more stuff done today. Not a lot, but got a add-a-leaf in the front springs, used a 2.5 inch lift rear one for a 90s chevy pickup. Than I took the second down leaf out of a 99 3500 and put it in the second leaf position on the rear leafs. Took the 1 inch zero rate out, and have the rear leafs turned around. Overall I have 8 more inches in my wheelbase than stock. Went from a 110 to 118. With a quick measure it has 10.5 inches of suspension lift over stock.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got more crap done, still more to do. Front got lifted higher with some longer shackles. Rear fenders are cut and rolled. Have to weld in sheet metal. Need driveshafts, gas tank, and some gussets here and there.

Made wheels

Cut some fenders

Made some steering. Not sure if I like it.

N how it sits now.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do it once. Do it right. This is not right.
I know it's not. I should go high steer. Haven't actually looked into it for this axle yet though. I made this "z" link mainly to get it out of the garage. I had to move it outside because it was out growing the 7 ft door. Lol. I'm sure it will bend if it actually gets used.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts