Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend I was out wet sanding my hood in hopes of just removing some old hardened wax and smoothing some of the scratches out so I could rattle can some temporary paint repairs onto it, and what I thought was old wax drying up on it, turned out to be paint peeling.

So now instead of rattle canning it just to last until the paint booth reopens at the base auto shop, I'm gonna have to prime it and take it to a body shop to be repainted completely. Unless anyone can suggest something else to do with it. I'm not gonna let it look like that through the winter, so if I can't fix it myself, I'll be taking it in as soon as I get back from the middle east.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
prime it and spray over it with color of choice until you until the paint booth reopens.
Anything wrong with that? Should look just fine if you take a bit of time

·
Registered
48 Posts
Man, you need some real sh*t to worry about shaking: I have a friend in the mid east (spec. forces.) Glad to know my tax $ is paying for the facility where your truck will get painted, VERY sorry that it is not available to you 365 days a year! :flipoff2: :shaking:

·
Registered
982 Posts
lighten up

fjcruisin said:
Man, you need some real sh*t to worry about shaking: I have a friend in the mid east (spec. forces.) Glad to know my tax $ is paying for the facility where your truck will get painted, VERY sorry that it is not available to you 365 days a year! :flipoff2: :shaking:
you sure you dont drive a jeep, you sound like your on the jeep sight :shaking: :shaking:

·
Registered
48 Posts
No I don't drive a heep...( I have 5 LANDCRUISERS )my last comment was fueled by anger and beer. I was thinking about my friend that is living in dirt, in a hole, hoping he doesn't get his head blown off, while this guy is worring about if the paint booth will be open yet. Yes, he is doing his duty also...that is what he signed up for. I was just pissed to hear about the quality of his paint job whille my buddy is being shot at!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fjcruisin said:
No I don't drive a heep...( I have 5 LANDCRUISERS )my last comment was fueled by anger and beer. I was thinking about my friend that is living in dirt, in a hole, hoping he doesn't get his head blown off, while this guy is worring about if the paint booth will be open yet. Yes, he is doing his duty also...that is what he signed up for. I was just pissed to hear about the quality of his paint job whille my buddy is being shot at!
And I'm sure your buddy has projects of his own that he'll be working on when he gets home. I'll be in the mid east myself shortly, so who says I'm not allowed to be irked about ugly marks on my paint job, which is on the project I'm able to work on before I deploy? I'm not going to spout off and instigate a flame war, but I do have to say that your comments were rather immature.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LCL said:
prime it and spray over it with color of choice until you until the paint booth reopens.
Anything wrong with that? Should look just fine if you take a bit of time
That's what I'm gonna go ahead and do. I might only prime it for now, just to make sure the metal is sealed from any moisure. I'm not concerned about how it'll look while sitting in a parking lot (hopefully with a car cover on it) for the time I'm gone.

·
Registered
982 Posts
support

fjcruisin said:
our troops always! just cause jumper isnt over there doesnt mean you need to rip on him, maybe this is his way of taking his mind off of whats going on, your buddy will have his day,just gotta pray for him!support him in any way possable,encouragement is what our troops need,whether at home or in battle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts