Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking towards a vortec 5.3 to replace my gm 3.1 tbi in my 92 rodeo, though im still ironing out the info to see how much installing one woukd make me hate my life compared to the other options out there. How similar would it be to swapping into an s10? Thetes tons of info on swapping these into s10s. I know the vortec similar enough to the 3.1 that im thinking it should be one of the easiest engines to throw in there. Any other 'zu guys out there any other special advice?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Isuzu Trooper 5.3 Swap - LS1TECH

Here is a link to my thread that I never finished. My swap is almost done, it runs but still working out some bugs before it will be road worthy. Main problem is limited space. S10s must have a lot more room, because I had to modify every part to get it to fit. Plus I ended up using ls2 corvette accessories to gain more clearance in the front

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think I'll probly add 4"a to the front when I get around to doing the v8 mod.. For now I'm building a stroker mother out of a 2.6 to see how well it'll do.. Nothing will top a nice v8 though..

Are you still ifs ??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Dayum I bet that troopers a beast. Ive looked some more into it and im starting to lean towards a northstar 4.6 as it will pretty much bolt right on to my 4l30e tranny. It iseems like itll give me a lot less headaches this way. Although Im thinking I realky might as well swap out the tranny too while im at it. What transmissions will fit the northstar? 700r4? 4l60e? T56? What electrical work will I need to do?

Damn I hope it rumbles the truck as aggressively as the lt1 in my trans am did.. though I very much doubt it. i miss that feeling of bad assness. Maybe ill throwin some polyurethane mounts to get a little more resonance out of it. :smokin:

Thanks for the help. All the info out there seems to be scattered as can be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll probly add 4"a to the front when I get around to doing the v8 mod.. For now I'm building a stroker mother out of a 2.6 to see how well it'll do.. Nothing will top a nice v8 though..

Are you still ifs ??
Nice. hope you get some decent gains out of it man! I randomly fell into some bucks so I might as well get this done asap before I blow it all!

Yeah im ifs.. Im pretty sure im going to stay ifs on this build too. Wish I could find some used sway a way t bars I could throw in while im at it!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Need to make up your mind on motors lol

The north star would be a good power plant, I would get away from the factory auto though.. Something I'm looking into doing for my amigo is getting a 700r4 Trans from a 2.8 v6 s10 and putting v8 guts into it and then bolting it up behind my 3.2... I think that'd bolt right up to the North Star too..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts