Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instructions on Marlins site say to put the donor case in 4hi. My case is an 83' top shifting case. I think mine is in neutral and I can't get it in 4hi. Instructions also say you can pull the rods forward by hand. :confused: Does it really need to be in 4hi to start with? If so what can I do? (I suppose last resort matte it back up with the tranny.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,802 Posts
Shift the other rod (the one on the right) first. The interlock pill inside the case wont let it shift unless its in the right position. I cant really remember what position is which, try to shift them both. It does matter though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sickfab said:
Shift the other rod (the one on the right) first. The interlock pill inside the case wont let it shift unless its in the right position. I cant really remember what position is which, try to shift them both. It does matter though.
Not sure how I should go about shifting them. It doesn't want to shift into anything. Are you meaning after I separate the case shift them? :confused: I suppose matte it back with the tranny and try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,457 Posts
If it is a top shift (and I'm assuming that is the base of the shifter at the top of the photo) you shouldn't have to mate the t-case back to the tranny. Are you saying that the shifter won't go through the pattern? Hard to say what is jammed up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PAToyota said:
If it is a top shift (and I'm assuming that is the base of the shifter at the top of the photo) you shouldn't have to mate the t-case back to the tranny. Are you saying that the shifter won't go through the pattern? Hard to say what is jammed up.
Yes its a top shift case. It doesn't go thru the shift pattern. Stuck in neutral. I did try and turn the input shaft while attempting to shift it thru patterns. Nothing :( I can pull the input shaft out 3/16". It is suppose to do that? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Renaud33 said:
I can pull the input shaft out 3/16". It is suppose to do that? :confused:
Yeah thats normal. the back of the transmission has a seat for the bearing to hold it in position. just start gutting that thing. you'll get it.
 

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
Joined
·
62,007 Posts
Pull the shifter base plate and shifter off and manually move the rods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DRM said:
Pull the shifter base plate and shifter off and manually move the rods.
Worked :) Thanks
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top