Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New guy here who doesnt want to go too big

I was on the trail the other day and talked to a guy driving a Jeep on the same trail I was hiking on. He said to come to this board if I had any questions. Well I was wondering, I have a 1998 Jeep TJ that I would like to put bigger tires on. What is the biggest tire i could put on it? I dont want to go too big, just enough to make it look a little beefier and clear a few more rocks. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
487 Posts
not even funny

·
Registered
416 Posts
Re: New guy here who doesnt want to go too big

SierraClubMember said:
I was on the trail the other day and talked to a guy driving a Jeep on the same trail I was hiking on. He said to come to this board if I had any questions. Well I was wondering, I have a 1998 Jeep TJ that I would like to put bigger tires on. What is the biggest tire i could put on it? I dont want to go too big, just enough to make it look a little beefier and clear a few more rocks. Thanks for any help.
31's, but if you don't disco, maybe 32's or 33's if you never leave the pavement, it's a good thing it's early or you would get hammered. Good luck with the mods and oh yea:flipoff2:

·
Registered
627 Posts
You do understand that once you take your jeep Off Pavement
the Sierra Club will have you strung up by the gonads :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Oh to have the free time it must take to drive someone to worthless BB trolling just for entertainment. :shaking:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Just in case your for real.....
Whoever suggested you go here was wrong, they were stupid or playing a bad joke on you. The people here are HARDCORE, we dont like Sierra clubbers and don't like stock jeeps and questions about what tires will fit.
Thats like sending someone down to the local biker bar to ask what basket to put on their moped.
I reccomend taking your questions here http://www.specialtyparts.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl
and do not associate yourself w/ the sierra club in ANY jeeping community. Again that is like wearing a Hangun Control Inc shirt to an NRA convention.

Now that said.......

GO AWAY!!!

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
OK guys let's step back for a moment. Flaming this person doesn't help us in any way. I'm not going to stand for it.

Sierraclubmember if this is not a joke welcome. The prior post by Kidwired is some good advice, yet I don't agree with "go away". On this side of the fence, I will admit with this many users you will likely find those that are exactly what the Sierra club portrays as "off roaders". Also amongst us The majority are those that like me enjoy the less travelled areas of our country with my family, and try to leave it in as good or better of a state then when we came. We have been made the bad guys with fuzzy science and mistated facts. We feel our access to our lands as being taken away from us. I would prefer a more educated aproach. Please feel free to drop by the other bulletin board to ask this question. It will get an answer without an attitude. This is really not a place for posting questions like the above. Kidwired's example was a good one. I would welcome you or any Sierra Club member to come out with me or my friends and see what we see. Good luck. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Taken directly from the Jeep Talk Bible:

37. If you need to know will 31" tires fit your stock rig, or weather chrome will blind the eyes of other's on the trail, or what color comes stock on a TJ ask here... http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/
not HERE!
38. If you are a spineless dweeb that thinks that our style is crass and unfair, or that we are a bunch of insensitive, insulting, cheap bastards that would laugh our asses off at your missfortunes as you went through the box on the 'con. You're right. Develop thick skin, and an ability to dish it out, or go away. Remember this is the dark side.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
we are a bunch of insensitive, insulting, cheap bastards that would laugh our asses off at your missfortunes as you went through the box on the 'con. You're right. Develop thick skin, and an ability to dish it out, or go away. Remember this is the dark side.

I knew I'd like this place.

·
Registered
59 Posts
kidwired said:

...Thats like sending someone down to the local biker bar to ask what basket to put on their moped...
Hey at my local biker bar(s), we got more respect for someone who comes in on a moped than somebody telling us his Vulcan looks just like a H-D for half the price. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

But I digress. Maybe we can use Mr (Ms.?) Sierra Clubber as a mole?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
What's with all the newbies talking smack. You haven't earned it yet. Let the people like Steve who have been here a while decide if a smack down is deserved, now shut your holes and read a few hundred threads before posting again. People who have been here a month shouldn't speak for the board. It won't make you popular.

·
Banned
7,871 Posts
Re: New guy here who doesnt want to go too big

SierraClubMember said:
Don't you have a fawken war to protest!

Come awnnn!! your brainless freak liberals need you.....follow the flock you fawken sheepal..... your wasting valuable dumb ass cells here...

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
To all the damn newbies think they can talk STFU. And the last thing we need is some dude coming here looking for help then going away telling everyone what assholes wheelers are.

·
Registered
823 Posts
uh oh, forgot to switch names! :flipoff2:

SierraClubMember

They do have a bit of a point. I mean, he already had the RE long arm kit, which eliminates many of the problems associated with coil sprung TJ's. He is stating that he didnt have the time or money to design a proper setup, so he used leaf springs. Well he didnt have to, DC and RE did it for him. SO why did he go to leaf springs and spend the money on the RE kit?

so who is he really, that was posting on the TJ with a toy rear end post?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.