Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I think I was abitching here?? a while back about teh pass door that will unlock with remote, or key in driver door, but will NOT lock...I had asumed that there was something gummed up and finally tiring from leaning over to manually lock or lock with key, tore off door panel to fix.

problem appears to be teh actuator..it quivers when actuated, but doesn't puch out and stay there when you lock.
Assuming it's just buggered, I am wondering what other vehicles use saame german mechanism? it has no numbers on it...or do any of y'all have spares laying around?

I'd swear was told it was a bmw part and cheep new, but don't know fer sher

thanks for any input!

Paul

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Old Scout said:
Cough cough D web!:flipoff2: :cow:
yeah...I'm trying to avoid those guys...just need a spare part...and don't thik I can find them in any local central ca pick-n-pulls...

I've been away from d-web soooo long I no longer hve a profile and allt eh photos of the Light Brigade are long gone apparently...anyway

so...I take it this means you don't hae a box of spare actuators sitting there in stockton! :D

dang it O/S! it won't be seen by people with the parts here! arrrgh! is there still a link to it for rover guys? :(
Paul

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Better make sure the door lock itself is not broken. If the actuator can not move the lock correctly, it will do this.

JP

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pendy said:
Better make sure the door lock itself is not broken. If the actuator can not move the lock correctly, it will do this.

JP
well it does appear a little stiff, so will be tearing apart and lubing...with some good grease before installing replacement(thanks PTS)

Paul

·
Registered
260 Posts
you can buy an aftermarket door lock actuator from any car stereo place that sells alarms. it should be about $10 and have two wires coming out of it. takes about 30 minutes to install once you have the door panel off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts