Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to operate a double acting air ram, and would like to control in via an electric switch on my dash, what is the simplest way to do this?

The double acting ram will operate the high/low on the transfer box, I understand I need a 5/2 solenoid and of course air supply

Does anyone have a simple drawing to allow me to do this????? Showing the 5/2 solenoid, air lines etc

Many thanks Sam

·
Registered
289 Posts
Why not run a vacuum actuator like on an LT95? As opposed to compressed air.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not run a vacuum actuator like on an LT95? As opposed to compressed air.
I have actually bought a second hand Ashcroft transfer box completed with Ashcroft underdrive that have the air cylinders fitted, I am just trying to work out what parts I need and how I can get it all wired and air lines fitted up..............................................any help would be great

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I got my system all set up and working
tested it over a two event and its an excellent system
all air operated rams on the hi/low, diff, and underdrive

just an update for those who might be intrested.................cheers sam

·
Registered
222 Posts
well I got my system all set up and working
tested it over a two event and its an excellent system
all air operated rams on the hi/low, diff, and underdrive

just an update for those who might be intrested.................cheers sam
A pictue of the setup is much appreciated:flipoff2:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Bit late coming to this thread. For controlling small cylinders like these and air lockers I prefer to use small manual operated pneumatic control valves, instead of a switch and solenoid operated control valve.

These small manual (toggle lever) operated control valves are almost as easy to install in tight spaces to switches and more reliable in my experience.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Bit late coming to this thread. For controlling small cylinders like these and air lockers I prefer to use small manual operated pneumatic control valves, instead of a switch and solenoid operated control valve.

These small manual (toggle lever) operated control valves are almost as easy to install in tight spaces to switches and more reliable in my experience.
can you recommend a brand?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Clippard, actually. I run these for my air lockers.
Close, and ill take that as a win as I only ever looked at it once 7 years ago when installing my front locker...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Another brand that probably makes them, and if so I would imagine good quality, is Festo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts