Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, D60 high steer arms in DOUBLE SHEAR from Ballistic Fabrication!

From our webpage:

" Current High steer arms are single shear in design, and prone to failure under extreme circumstances due to bolt failures on the steering linkages. This design overcomes that problem by utilizing a keyway two-piece double-shear design that bolts together by using three Gr. 8 bolts.

Common aftermarket high steer arms utilize factory tapered tie-rod ends for steering ends. The new design uses chromoly heim joints / rod ends coupled with high misalignment spacers to achieve a greater degree of misalignment needed in extreme circumstances of suspension travel.

Added features are the counter bores that allow the custom high misalignment spacers to seat .188” into each side of the arm to combat shearing forces on the bolts, while using the clamping forces of the bolts to locate the joints. This feature also allows safe operation even in the event that a bolt is lost or broken.

Included in Kit:

2 Double Shear high steer Arms with Grease Zerk and clamping bolt
8 200,000 psi CrMo ARP high strength studs
8 Custom machined self centering enclosed nuts
2 Kingpin spring rebuild kits
8 7/8" to 5/8" High Misalignment spacers (proprietary to application)
2 RH QA1 XMR-14 CrMo rod ends & Jam nuts
2 LH QA1 XMR-14 CrMo rod ends & Jam nuts

Note: These arms are NOT compatible with tie rod ends and MUST be used in conjunction with the joints and spacers provided in kit. PATENT PENDING"

$459.99 / pair

Purchase HERE!

EDIT: 9/14/07

If you had the Dedenbear setup, you would have my money today. I like this idea a lot.

All Double shear arms from Ballistic now feature the Reid racing / Dedenbear 5th stud capability, without weakening the design or changing the overall look... at no added cost. Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Saw the giveaway. Very nice! Can you use these with a 5th stud setup such as Dedenbear knuckles have?

·
Registered
757 Posts
dammit. erik asked my question hahaha

great looking product. Good to see you guys trying different idea's. Those are impressive

·
Registered
491 Posts
Great looking kit.
Any plans for an offset version (hummer wheel) in the works?

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not at the moment, we'll have to see how well these sell before we start another style.

One PM sent asked if these would be stronger as a one piece design... These arms were designed with functionality in mind as well. The spacers are counterbored into the arm .188", relieving alot of the stresses that a bolt normally sees, particularly sheering. The bolts only experience tension as the upper arm tries to misalign from the lower body. The keyway helps counter this action. We beleive the two piece design to be stonger than a one piece with no counterbores would be. The fact is that if one bolt fell out or broke, the other two (or even one) would probably get you home without much problem.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Why 2 Joints on Both Sides??

Either full hydro with single rod end on both sides, or draglink tierod on 1 side?

What's the distance from pivot point (zerk?) to each bolt?

LOOKS AWESOME!!

Ryan

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4.5" to the first hole, 6.6" to the second... we did both with holes so that we don't need to stock 2x the parts. The last hole can be cut off fairly easily if one so wishes. Thanks -Jeff

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you had the Dedenbear setup, you would have my money today. I like this idea a lot.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
yeppers, deadenbear 5-stud capability would be bling. Then all we need is a package price for full hydro peeps... or even better, broken down so you can buy individual parts. I recently upgraded to ARP studs for example... so I don't really need new ones... :idea:

j

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TaDaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

All Double shear arms from Ballistic now feature the Reid racing / Dedenbear 5th stud capability, without weakening the design or changing the overall look... at no added cost. Thanks for the support!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts