Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilt my doubler and t-case and want to clean up the mounting crossmember.

350sbc - TH350 - advanced adapter -231/d300 doubler

So far I'm using polly oem style motor mounts and a single leaf spring bushing mount on the back of the D300 with a TMR kit and solid crossmember. Should I also use the AA mounting pad with a solid crossmember and spring bushing?

Is a second tranny mount too many capture points and is the 3 bolts on the d300 tail housing enough for a single mount?

Sent from my iPhone, excuse the autocorrect.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bueler.
Any opinions?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would hang too low on the adapter plate and there is no tranny mount at this moment but that is the reason for the question.

Is the single mount on the rear of the 300 enough and will the 3 bolts be enough?

·
Registered
455 Posts
If your saying all you have is the motor mounts then at the tail end of the drive line is the other mount. Then i would think you need one in the center someplace. The tail of the TH350 is not super strong.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your saying all you have is the motor mounts then at the tail end of the drive line is the other mount. Then i would think you need one in the center someplace. The tail of the TH350 is not super strong.
That's what I'm saying but don't know if I need to support the weight in the middle using the AA mounting foot.
I'd rather not but if I have to I will.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i have also seen on here plenty of people break the 231 doubler case WITH proper transmission support, so i wouldn't count on it or your tranny tailhousing holding much weight. i was worried about this also (4.3,th350,203,300) with all the weight hanging off the ass of an aluminum case auto, so i built a brace from the back of the motor to the adapter at the front of the 203 just to take the weight of the doubler. 6 years of hard wheelin later and it hasn't given me any issues yet (knock on wood)... i have AA sbc mounts and used the stock pad on the th350/203 to mount the transmission and cases. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone have picks or details of their doublers that have had no issues and beaten regularly?

I'm tired of tightening the adapter bolts on the back of the TH350.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
have you made any decisions?

I am doing a similar mounting scheme but am wondering in I need a full cross member for supporting the D300 like i have placed in the first picture or If i can get away with just putting a post up from the flat skid plate like the second picture.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts