Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a couple pics on here of narrowwd hoods and i under stand the concept. everyone talks about cutting a couple wedges out and just adding a little material when you come up short at the front. Where are you guys adding the material at?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have not done this modification, but im pretty sure u would have to add material to the center. when you cut the wedge out and bring the two outers together the front will have a v-shape to it, you'll have to add material to "square" it back up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've done this mod to my tintop which is still under construction. Basically I sliced the sides of the hood off and then took a large triangle out on each side. After that my sides were too short to run the length of the hood so I added a couple pieces to the back of the hood on the sides. Hope this helps. Here's a link to my build on Zukikrawlers. Maybe some pics will explain it better.

http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=37024

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I've done this mod to my tintop which is still under construction. Basically I sliced the sides of the hood off and then took a large triangle out on each side. After that my sides were too short to run the length of the hood so I added a couple pieces to the back of the hood on the sides. Hope this helps. Here's a link to my build on Zukikrawlers. Maybe some pics will explain it better.

http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=37024
X2 that is how I did mine. I suppose you could add the piece in the middle to get basically the same out come.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I put my "added" piece in about 5 inches from the front edge. That way I was able to get the front lined up right. But I didn't cut all the way to the back either. I left an 1/8th inch at the cowl end and just bent it inwards. It was easier for me that way.

how it started out. You can kinda see the lines I cut on. There is a pie piece in there that I cut out.

You can kinda see the cut on the underside of this pic

I wanted mine to go all the way back.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Here's where I made the splice, I used a piece from a doner hood. Some just bend their own piece over a piece of tubing.

·
Registered
606 Posts
This is how mine is. I ruin hoods enough not to worry about the little gap in the front. After you cut the wedge out just square the front to peices up.

JT

·
Registered
221 Posts
Man im loking the looks of it. Someone should do a write up on this. Loks like ill be finding a hood to do this mod. Hate to cut up the good hood I got.

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts