Pirate 4x4 banner

Drag-link recommendations?

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Cap'n Ron 
#1 ·
Howdy-

I have the 5" spoa, calmini drop pitman arm, and 1" lift shackles. My Drag link is contacting the spring on when I turn lock-to-lock.

Any recommendations on a CHEAP z-link (will they work with my mix of parts)or tips on bending/gusseting/lengthening the stock one?

I'm wondering what will happen if I try to get a muffler shop to do the bends, then gusset them and extend one of the straight sections just a bit???

Discussion starter · #5 ·
supazuk94 said:
save your money get a crossoever, like OTT stage one from Rocky road, a few months with a z link you'll hate it and will have wasted your time (if you make it ) and money i had a z link and swaped to a OTT and its so much beter z links suck thats all there is to it
I wonder if I can use that with my drop pitman arm? I had to cut up the stock arm to get it off.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
scO44 said:
Check out stomper industries z-link, it is pretty burly.. You can find that one through asianautoparts.com

Scott
Wow... that's cheap ($50 +core charge)
I'll probably get that one.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
supazuk94 said:
here is a future parts replacer lol ...
post in 2 month:
Hurts to hold wheel any recormendations???
I have this death wobble and tons of bumps steer could my z link have any thing to do with this.?
Hahah yeah my bump steer was manageable with the drop arm and just the spoa, but these darn tow shackles (2"longer than stock) puts the bump steer back in the ugly phase. I'll probably low-buck the current one until I feel like springing for the rocky-road OTT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.