Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone was running any aftermarket drag link & tie road on there YJ's. I'm shopping around to find the best one. I've looked at Bulletproof, Rubicon Express, Bid Daddy and Rusty's Offroad. Anyone done the conv?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,938 Posts
1.5" Diam, 3/8" wall DOM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,619 Posts
rockstomper or www.partsmikeparts.com

rockstomper may be a little cheaper, parts mike may be more what you're looking for. He has great support and will make whatever you want so that it just bolts on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
I am currently trying out the K-link from full traction suspension. I did a spring over and had rub issues. The k-link is supposed to eliminate bumpsteer. It almost does. I have an inch of shackle lift and about another 1.5 of re-arched springs so I'm a little over their recomendations. On a good note they are super stout. On a bad note there is a low hanging arm assembly that you have to start worrying about.

Also on the plus side you take off your track arm so you get more reach (they claim 30%) Down side: Potential front end yaw. I haven't noticed any real bad driving traits so far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,673 Posts
wildgoose said:
On a good note they are super stout. On a bad note there is a low hanging arm assembly that you have to start worrying about.
Why don't you just send the rocks a written invitation to bend that? :flipoff2:

I guess on the YJs with the stock axle, it's the easiest solution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
I guess on the YJs with the stock axle, it's the easiest solution.
You know I didn't even have to buy this stuff! A guy wanted to buy my jeep and spent 5 bills for the steering kit and had me install and then backed out! HA! I'll keep it and decided to keep the jeep for a while too. I'm running 38.5's on a d30 so I have no intention of spending any money on this axle. When it grenades I will upgrade to something stronger. I'm from the old school and run pretty light on the go pedal.

I am leaning towards just building something from scratch to trailer. I've gotta get Moma in a new house first.:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
wildgoose said:
Also on the plus side you take off your track arm so you get more reach (they claim 30%) Down side: Potential front end yaw. I haven't noticed any real bad driving traits so far.
YJs don't need that track bar anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
We have the Performance Unlimited (Bulleproof) steering system and LOVE IT!!

The other great thing about this set-up..... if we ever plan on going Hysteer someday, these arms can be used.
These are the 'trail proof' thickness.

http://bulletproofsteering.com/







We installed the *rock proof*(thickest) tie-rod on a friends Jeep and we had to cut off part of the trac bar mount to gain clearance at full turns (on the D30).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,781 Posts
I know its been discussed, but I still dont care for the PU setup with both heims stacked on one bolt.

Kind of off topic, but damn I wish all these systems were available when I did the axle swap in my heep. I ended up having to go to a machine shop to get some made. 1.25 solid stock drilled and tapped for 3/4 rod ends. Hell, in 96 high steer was basically unheard of, I'd never heard of weld in threaded tubing inserts, and hydro assist or full hydro, forget about it.

Another classic case of "if I only knew then what I know now."

Its amazing how far the tech has come in a short time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,131 Posts
Janster said:
We have the Performance Unlimited (Bulleproof) steering system and LOVE IT!!

The other great thing about this set-up..... if we ever plan on going Hysteer someday, these arms can be used.
These are the 'trail proof' thickness.

http://bulletproofsteering.com/







We installed the *rock proof*(thickest) tie-rod on a friends Jeep and we had to cut off part of the trac bar mount to gain clearance at full turns (on the D30).
The problem here is that he said that he had done a Sprong Over Axle and the tie rod on that set up will be a bit in the way of the leaf springs.

Q
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
631 Posts
I bought everything from Mountain Offroad and made this myself. However the grade 9 bolt for the tie rod over the knuckle came from Bullet Proof.








I painted them Kentucky crome to give it that aluminum look!! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,475 Posts
Go high steer and build your own tie rod and draglink.
It really is easy, and cheaper than buying somebody elses one size fits all "kit".
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top