Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
dragged home a 70s somthing pickup (updated with vin)

go a couple question for you crusier guys :)
last weekend we hauled home a 70s LC pickup, err whats left of it (chassis we cracked in hald loading it up, 1/2cab and bed).
ALl running gear is in suprisingly good shape, stright 6 gas that runs great, 4spd tranny with no grinds and a fully working transfer case with a cool drum brake on it. It even has a factroy hand throttle.
What i am looking for is a way to tell what gear ratios are in this thing. It has a floating rear end and drums all round.
can you tell from the vin or is there markings somewhere?
thanks

·
Registered
797 Posts
It's more than likely a 4.11. Look and see if there's a data plate in the engine compartment, either on the firewall or on the inside of one of the fenders. If so, look for an axle code. If it has one, post it up and we'll tell you what it is.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
its prolly a 76-78ish canidian fj45LPB.

don't think the 45LPB followed the same grear ratio changes as a 40, so prolly 4.11.

VIN is on the front outer frame rail, pass side

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool i will check it out and see what i can find and post back. Unfortunatly no frame rails past the transfer case look factory so hopefully it;s still there

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok got the info

it was made Dec 1977
trans axle code
1142k082 0-12 (the 0-12 where in big bold text not sure if you need that or not)

Model code
fj45lpkk

Plant code
A11

Thats pretty much all i could read

On a side note we got it running great, but sstalled it and now it has no spark?
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
You can verify for yourself by blocking up the rear end, spinning the tires, and counting how many times the driveshaft turns...1 tire rev should equal 4.1 driveshaft revs...

·
Registered
797 Posts
K082 means 4.11, open diff, 9.5" ring gear. Left hand drive pickup, 4spd, Canadian market. The numbers before the K082 is probably H42 which is the 4 spd tranny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts