Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone be willing to share or trade cad drawings of 14bolt and D60 diff cover rings? I have 203/205 adapter plates and 14bolt disk brake brackets to trade.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have a DXF file of the 14 bolt, check my webshots in my profile (pictures of it in there somewhere)if you like the shape then I can send it to you, or if there is another way to make it so anyone can access the file I will do that. I also have A DXF file of a Dana 60 Arm.Webshot pics

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell ya! I like it. Please send the 14b and 60 drawings to [email protected].

Now isnt that easier than trying to get gaskets on your scanner which is too small and you have to splice two scans and then trace in cad and fawk it!. I knew there would be a kind soul out there thats done it already.

Owe you one! :beer:

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Flat50 said:
Hell ya! I like it. Please send the 14b and 60 drawings to [email protected].

Now isnt that easier than trying to get gaskets on your scanner which is too small and you have to splice two scans and then trace in cad and fawk it!. I knew there would be a kind soul out there thats done it already.

Owe you one! :beer:

uhhh...trace in autocad?..... never learned how to measure, array and extrude? you could draw that in 5 mins....

·
Registered
600 Posts
I will try and send them out before the end of the week, just need to get them off the the computer at my shop.

The waterjet progam I have(OMAX layout) lets you import a picture file then trace it. Works killer. I can just take a picture of the piece I want with a pair of 6 inch calipers (extended all the way out) laying next to it. That way when I am done tracing it, I can use the calipers for my scale factor.
I made 2 exhaust flange's for a buddy of mine, the first one I used a CNC mill to get bolt holes and a few other dimensions then milled it out. Took around 3 hrs. The second one I took a picture of it, then just traced it in the Layout program, took around 5 minutes. Then waterjetted it out, took around 3.5 minutes. Much easier. 8.5 minutes compared to 3 hrs is a little faster.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have the files ready to go if anybody Needs them

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Thanks for the email!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Blazr77400, I got the files and they opened no problem.

Now I have drawings for

14B diff cover ring
14B disk caliper brackets and 5/8 spacer plates
203/205 adapter plates
kingpin D60 highsteer arm
D60 diff cover ring

Will also be drawing some 16" beadlock rings. Those are pretty basic and should be no problem to draw once I nail down the outside diameter I want to use.

I found a laser shop nearby and they actually gave me a hell of a deal on cutting. I guess it helped that my wife worked there as a summer student last year.

Here are the parts I,ve had cut so far.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The files will probably be posted so anyone can get them.
If they end up not being posted, I will email the two I have to anyone who needs them. Just wait and see if the other ones get posted

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have zipped all the files I have up and posted them below.

7drawings.zip

The 203/205 plates have a 5.75" diameter center hole. You may want to change that to suit your own design. Double check fit before cutting anything. Additional machining is nessesary on the front side of the 203 plate to accommodate the 203 bearing retainer.

14B caliper plates are 3/8" thick and spacers are 5/8" thick.

Use at you own risk....off road only ;)

Enjoy!

Edit: Added Dec 7 - Here are the 14B and D60 rings as updated by Blazr77400 for better fit
14B_D60_rings_updated.ZIP

·
Registered
600 Posts
How thick did you do the doubler plates?
Which calipers and rotors for the 14 bolt disk brake kit?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Doubler plates are 3/4". Length of entire doubler adapter should be 2.75".

Typical 76 to 78 chev K20 calipers and rotors. I believe lots of other years shared the same part numbers, but there ya go.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thanks, I cut the 14 bolt ring and the 60 ring out today. Hopefully they will fit the covers.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I checked both covers today and the 60 ring doenst quite fit. I think if there were about .100 of inch all the way around the inside of the cover it would fit much better. Also when I converted the 14 bolt ring from to a DXF file, one of the holes come out a little off, not sure if it was computer error or operator error. I forgot which side the bolt was on, but I will find out today and post where the hole should be. I will also send the files to Flat 50 to see if he can repost them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yes I will repost the updated files whenever they are ready. The fellow that I got the 60 ring drawing from said that file was used in production and that it should work. I made one out of paper and it seemed to fit good. Maybe you can chamfer the inside of the ring. If you knock the sharp edge off, you could possibly get the cover to fit better.

·
that guy
2,609 Posts
FLAT50 YOU the man thanks saved me some work.

Is the round adapter plate for a ford 205 cause my 205 has a different pattern. like the older style chevys with 8 holes long goofy shape. kinda like this anyone got a dxf of this type adapter plate.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I did end up chamfering the inside edge.
The reason I said it would be better is that I did it on a waterjet.
If I took that .100 of inch off, it would have fit right on. Just seemed like it would be a little easier.
Also my cover may be different, it was a stock military 60 cover. But either way that rings look great.
Thanks for all the files Flat 50:beer:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
just wondering where you got the drawing for thew 14bolt discs. that looks an AWFUL lot like the ones my brother drew up for me. anyways, if they are, glad peopel are getting use out of them instead of getting ripped off by people charging for a fawking drawing. oh and thanks for the other drawings. the doubler is in my plans soon.

-Scott

1 - 20 of 170 Posts