Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Its going to vibrate like a SOB, if you angle at the t-case is 15 degrees the angle at the pinion needs to be at 15 degrees to cancel each other out.. So if you plan to keep your pinion pointed that much up you need a CV. And if you plan to angle the pinion down to match up the angle your going to be maxing out the u-joints so:

YOUR GOING TO NEED A CV SHAFT!!!

And the man to call can be found below in my sig line!

HTH

·
Registered
600 Posts
even the angles and replace u joints all the time or have a cv made at the t case side

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, I have heard never know anyone that has one them selves, I will need a new spicer output for my rear yoke, to accept a cv right ? I have also be told that I can get one at a pick and pull off certian waggy's :confused: ............. thanks ..............ltr

·
Registered
891 Posts
Certain waggy fronts will have them as well as some older..later 60's and maybe some newer chevys. The waggy fronts have a real small OD on the shaft. Im sure there are more applications out there in the junkyard if you want to get one and cut it to fit.

You will need a new yoke for your t-case.

I simple cv shaft from jess might be better than getting a junkyard unit for the fact you can get anylength you want and you dont have to worry to much about breaking it.

I run a tom wood CV just because I bought it used for about 1/2 price.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
the one ton i just got that im stealing the axles from for my jeep has a cv in the front driveshaft.. cant that be modified for use on the rear .. or not. im quessin it could be and ive not got it here to messure it till this weekend..

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jess you got mail, okay when I go cv any up grades or is cv it ( ie bigger u=join, strap type mounting yada d ya da ) ...............ltr

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
I have Jesse's long slip 1310 front but for the rear of my YJ i just used a XJ front 1310 CV shaft shortened and balanced. Works fine (4.0 and 40" TSL's). Try to find one that has lube points on the CV for longer life.

·
Registered
175 Posts
payton said:
the one ton i just got that im stealing the axles from for my jeep has a cv in the front driveshaft.. cant that be modified for use on the rear .. or not. im quessin it could be and ive not got it here to messure it till this weekend..
I have been running a cv out of a 78waggoneer front for 3 years now and have had no problems. I took the yoke from the transfer case front output at the same time and it fit my rear transfercase output (Dana 300). I shortened it myself and do not have any vibration. I run 4.88 gears with 35's and can cruse at 55.

·
Registered
44 Posts
the cv is probably the way to go
But Ithink you can rotate that rear up and you'll be fine
I found on my jeep (soa) that pointing the pinion right at the output and then going up 1or 2 degress (for axle wrap) you'll be just fine
my 2 cts.

jim

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright, through my increadble ablity to scroundge, I have found a cv rear shaft it is flange type, and use's the 1310 u-joint, what do I have to do make this work......................ltr

1 - 16 of 16 Posts