Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a drive train swap on my 81 cj7.. originally I planned on using a np208 but after putting everything in I decided to replace the np208 with the dana 300 that was originally in the jeep... In that process I had bought the two drive shafts to use with the np208 but I'm not going to use them since I switched to the dana300.. Now the question,, I seem to have lost the front shaft that came in the jeep originally and can't seem to find one, would a front drive shaft from an xj fit being that both have open yokes and they seem to use the same u joints???

·
Registered
598 Posts
what tranny are you running?

the front from an XJ is a CV shaft, you would need a CV yoke for the front of the dana 300 output

just about any 1310 driveshaft will work, the thing is If it wasnt meant for your setup It will have to be modified to work

I suggest finding a stock driveshaft for your application

there is a guy on www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums that has a ton of used CJ driveshafts

post up in the wanted section

swap in some new u-joints and you are ready to go

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running a 700r4 with an input gear to match with the 700r4. So the cv would not work for the front output of the dana300.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts