Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my Z71 solid axle swap,,,im going 10 in in the rear. i have a 4l60e and a 241 case. my truck is a extended cab also. wonder if i will have to get my driveshaft lengthened? how much of the slip yolk needs to be in the t case? i wont be wheeling this truck much,,,so who knows how much of the slip needs to be in the case?

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
its my duty to help here- first off 10' lift your rear shaft is out of the question for a slip yoke espacailly if your going to put hyway miles on it - you need a short shaft kit and c/v driveline unless you don't care about vibrations and life- the kit for your 241 is 325.00 makes it a bolt on style and the driveline varies - one ton stuff it 99.00 for the flange and 469.00 for most drivelines that long- - 1/2 ton stuff will be cheaper but what tire are you going to run? over a 35 " and i'd do 1 ton for your best life- On to your front shaft did you roll your diff up at all? we will start there - feel free to call if this is all confusing - jess 530-877-2875 @ high angle driveline

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for the front,im going to use a 208 flange and a cv shaft out of my blazer with some clearence grinding,,i think(hope) it will work. im running 39.5 boggs. but this rig will get driven like 100 miles a month on the street. thats all. just to ride around town and drive like 150 miles to the beach for spring break. it will see verrrrry little offroad and maybe none. i have 3 other offroad rigs to do wheelin on. that rear drive shaft is long. but how far does it need to go into the tcase for it to be ok?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but no,i dodnt roll my front end up. i just have the pads tacked in place. i want decent caster ,,and noone round here can do that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you dont think that it will work? for the front? tell you what. ill buy a calling card tommrow and give ya a call. ok?

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
I know this you can grind all day and it will go in - as for working ? that's another matter- Please give me your # i'll save ya the hassel and its free info- Private measage me your # and i'll call- thanks Jess

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jess,,thanks for the call man. ill call my friend tommrow and see if he will swap out the 6in springs for my 8in springs. hopefully next month i will get to come out west and ill look ya up and have ya build me a good driveshaft. i forgot to ask you if you had a catalog. ill try to send buisness your way. i guess i just need to move out there since its hard to find ppl with knowledge of 4x4s around here. a lift kit to most ppl here is 4in blocks front and rear with some 40in groundhawg tires. thanks for the call and i will be getting up with you for some prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts