Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching on here and google and found out that superlift makes a 1 inch spacer for the front shaft on 77to87 K series trucks. It cost 80 bux tho. Was wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper option. I do not have the tools to make my own or I would do so.

I need this because i swapped out the np203 in my 77 for a 205. I got a used front drive shaft out of a 79 K20 with an sm465/205 but it is maxed out sitting on level pavement. I know under flex it is gonna pull apart. for what the super lift spacer cost I can have my original front shaft shortened. I do not want to mess with the 79 shaft since I have a sm465 I will install later on.

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
spend $80 now so that you will gain 1" of drive shaft and redo it later or do it right the first time and not piss away $80.

having a long spline/slip added to your drive shaft isnt that expensive.

·
Registered
196 Posts
x2 in doing it right the first time, if it is maxed out on flat ground 1" isnt gonna help you out a lot

·
Registered
19,444 Posts
I need this because i swapped out the np203 in my 77 for a 205. I got a used front drive shaft out of a 79 K20 with an sm465/205 but it is maxed out sitting on level pavement. I know under flex it is gonna pull apart. for what the super lift spacer cost I can have my original front shaft shortened. I do not want to mess with the 79 shaft since I have a sm465 I will install later on.

Thanks for any input
I'm missing something I think. I've read this about 4 times and not getting what you're sayin.

What transmission are you running in front of the 205? I'm assuming an automatic since you said you're gonna swap later on to a 465.

I'd suggest finding another front driveshaft and getting it shortened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts