1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fella's,

I've got a Double, Double Cardin 1330 Drive Shaft in my TJ:

Sorry for the monster pic.

My reasons are running this shaft was because I wanted to see if it would fix the small amount of vibrations that I was getting from my 8.8 being offset 3" to the passengers side. Also, I got for free from someone who owed me a favour and its a tad stronger than my old 1310 XJ Front Shaft cut to fit out back.

Anyway, when I originally installed it I kept the same Pinion Angle as I did with my previous Double Cardin shaft. The result was some very serious vibes.

I dropped the pinion angle down to almost the same as it would be with a normal standard 2 joint driveshaft. Seems to be much better. So because this shaft has 2 CV Joints should the angles be set the same as a regular shaft?

Thanks

Scotty

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for confirming that for me....

I looked at all the Custom Driveshaft sites but none had any info on angles for this type of shaft.

Scotty

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
Double carden joints are self cancelling, effectively acting as one complete driveline, which is why they're referred to as a CV. This allows a double CV drive line to run at independant angles. However, excessive angle on a CV joint with still cause some vibration (not a true CV joint, in other words). If you experience more vibration when zeroing the angle on one end, I would suspect excessing angle or balance problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts