Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently installing an NV 4500/Atlas 4.3 combo in my 94 YJ with a stock 4.0 and have question.As some know the NV 4500 is large so after doing some trimming I almost have it between the frame rails.But this has left me with a rear flange degree that is almost level,only pointing 4 degrees down. Is this acceptable?I almost want to bring it up to level so that my skid can be flat but Im not sure if that is going to cause premature driveline failure.I went to the Randys site and it seemed that as long as you are correct between the flang and yoke it will be fine.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The angle of the t/case output is not as big of a concern as the angle that the rear drivshaft will be not only operating at ride height, but at full droop as well. With low pinion diff and a mild lift, a high angle(31 degree) double cardan joint might be o.k. BUt if you have a big lift, over 3.5" to 4", you will either need a high pinion rear diff, or a limiting strap to limit downtravel at the center of the rear diff. Keep in mind that with a cardan (or c.v.) shaft, you will need to reperch the rear so that your driveshaft points directly at the driveshaft, effectively raising the angle of the shaft. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This thing is tall,40s,full width 60s,SOA,but I used the BTF stretch kit.At a glance it looks like isnt that muck worse than it was before.
before

Now,bad pic but gives you an idea of what I have.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sweet looking rig, get it done and get some rocks under them there tires! I think you will be just fine.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,Read the PBB tech pages as well as some other some other posts and think I will be OK.None the less,I will start calling around to the drive line companies that we all trust before I weld anything else together.I had no choice but to weld the cross member I made in so I could move her,felt lucky,if not it wont have been the first mistake I have made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts