Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've read this stuff before but I can't seem to find it with all the searches.

When you cycle your front suspension from completely drooped to all the way compressed...where in that cycle do you take the measurements criticical to the long and short of a driveline.

This is SOA with stock springs, shackle reversal and the knuckles have been cut and rotated. 12 degrees on the pinion and two on the caster.

I'm building a square reciever type drivline for the front and I'm ready to make some final cuts to size.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I measured full droop and resting height and assumed about 2" worst case for additional compression. Ended up with 6-7" expected stroke in the front shaft, and a 11" stroke Tom Woods was installed.

I would keep the square tube as long as possible...depending on your rear length, you might be able to design it to work for both ends.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ! :)

I'm building the driveline to be capable of about 12 inches of travel but my main concern was to stay safely away from bottoming out against the transfer case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts