Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Seat belts are a must use piece of safety equipment. But it is just as important to make sure all of your spare parts and tools are also secured too. I work at an off road park and I see rigs on the trails with high lift jacks set on rear seats, tool boxes sitting in the rear foot wells unsecured. I tell people all the time that in a roll over anything on the floor will beat you up on the way to rest on the roof. :shaking:

·
Roo skin seat covers
1,212 Posts
As you must know, a fire extinguisher is only as good as the person using it, and the capacity. I've seen a few vehicle and boat fires where several extinguishers were used up and the thing burned to the ground. I always carried two, and luckily never had to use them on my own rig. It's usually PS or trans fluid on hot exhaust that does it, IME. So catch cans and shielding is very important as well.

I put someone else's car fire out with my last good sized extinguisher. He never offered to replace it. In hindsight I should have just quietly backed back around the corner when I saw the flames

Ironically, a little while later, I scored an engine bay fire while out wheeling. Calmly grabbed the trusty 2lber extinguisher, confidentially aimed... FUCKKKKKKKK. Empty:confused:

Luckily we were wheeling in gravel pits, I have no idea where the smarts came from, but within milliseconds I was shovelling gravel and had the fire out. And an engine bay stuffed with sand and stones :( But saved my rig

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Seat belts are a must use piece of safety equipment. But it is just as important to make sure all of your spare parts and tools are also secured too. I work at an off road park and I see rigs on the trails with high lift jacks set on rear seats, tool boxes sitting in the rear foot wells unsecured. I tell people all the time that in a roll over anything on the floor will beat you up on the way to rest on the roof. :shaking:
I'm always amazed at the amount of crap that comes flying out of rigs during a yard sale.

I can't stand the sound of crap sliding around, so I usually am overboard with tying it all down.

·
Premium Member
14,256 Posts
5 years ago on Wrecking ball at the waterfall; we put out an engine fire on a flopped Sami using 2 cans of beer. :evil:

To be fair a samurai engine is only the size of 3 beer cans

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
5 years ago on Wrecking ball at the waterfall; we put out an engine fire on a flopped Sami using 2 cans of beer. :evil:
A stock samurai engine can't even make a good fire on the inside, let alone the outside. Oh wow, you effectively put out a cigarette lighter. Fuckin' props and shit.

:flipoff2:

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts
Finally a good use for lite beer.

To be fair a samurai engine is only the size of 3 beer cans
[rimshot]

Sounds like a waste of beer.
See first comment.

A stock samurai engine can't even make a good fire on the inside, let alone the outside. Oh wow, you effectively put out a cigarette lighter. Fuckin' props and shit.

:flipoff2:
:laughing::laughing:

81 - 96 of 96 Posts