Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my driveshaft with the new yoke on it, and my 14FF on my truck. when i bought the U-joint they guy at the store couldn't find it by "1350" series, so i told him look up a 1985 K30, and i got the u joint, put it on the driveshaft, and it's all set to go. when i got the straps to put it on the pinion yoke, they seemed a big shot, so i figured they'd curve with the u-joint. i kind had to tap the u-joint into the yoke with a hammer, is that normal? then i started to bolt the straps down and the bolt sheared off in the pinion yoke!! i think the bolts are the wrong size or wrong thread, because they slide in and then i have to tap them with a hammer to start them, and then they are tough, so i stopped after i sheared off the bolt, and took everything off, where can i get new straps? maybe i should just take it to a shop before i screw it up some more- i take pride in doing everything myself, but i don't have any left handed taps- and i did the rest by myself. . .

so was i right, do 1985 K30s have 1350 series rear driveshaft rear ujoints?

do all 14FF have 1350 series?

where can i get new straps?

what should i do?
thank you

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you had to tap the joints in slightly, that is o.k. If you had to give them some good hits, could be a problem. As for the bolts, could be the wrong thread. Just easy out the broken one (If possible) then chase all of the holes with a tap. get new bolts to match the tap and go. If anything, you could get a different pinion yoke if the bolt won't come out. Good Luck

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*gulp* that's me swallowing my pride. . . [hunched over, crying] walking to the shop tomorrw, with a strap attached to my truck. . . let them figure it out. . . well, i still have FWD, so i guess i'll drive it, not pull it. . .i don't have any left handed taps or bolt extractors, and i don't want to screw the threads up anymore.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
BowtieRed said:
do 1985 K30s have 1350 series rear driveshaft rear ujoints?

do all 14FF have 1350 series?

where can i get new straps?

what should i do?
thank you
Yes

Yes

Driveline shop

take it to a shop

Did you try to put the joint in your driveshft yet? It's not going to fit your stock 1310 series shaft.

You will need a conversion joint, Spicer PN 5-460X to fit the 1310 driveshaft

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You will need a conversion joint, Spicer PN 5-460X to fit the 1310 driveshaft
He said he just got a new yoke on his shaft, I think it because he got the 1350 put on.

i don't have any left handed taps or bolt extractors
What do you need a left hand tap for?

You might be able to just drill out the holes on the yoke and use u-bolts instead. That would fix all your problems.
when i got the straps to put it on the pinion yoke, they seemed a big shot, so i figured they'd curve with the u-joint
sounds like you got the wrong straps. It took the shop by me 3 tries to get me the corect straps. I dont know know why they dont understand "corperate 14FF"? Whats all this "what year?" shit. there all the same arent they?

Call Jesse @ high angle and see what he says but drilling them out and using u-bolts. People seem to like the bolts better for some reason.

Charlo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts