Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i blew the rear shaft in my 93 extra cab... it was a 1 piece. now the question is should i extend a front shaft from a 1984 toy to use out back. after i get the truck past aircare and drive it a few times it will be sas'd with dual cases. am i using the right shaft... or should i put a 2 piece in, the shaft i put in now will have to be good to shorten and have no vibes with 6" of lift. or can i use the ifs cv? the yokes might be re-useable on the shaft that blew up on me at 70mph but i am not sure what shaft i should use.:mad:

also with dual cases in a 93 with 22re i need a carb 84-88 case for the crawler?
:confused:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Dave_93 said:
i blew the rear shaft in my 93 extra cab... it was a 1 piece. now the question is should i extend a front shaft from a 1984 toy to use out back. after i get the truck past aircare and drive it a few times it will be sas'd with dual cases. am i using the right shaft... or should i put a 2 piece in, the shaft i put in now will have to be good to shorten and have no vibes with 6" of lift. or can i use the ifs cv? the yokes might be re-useable on the shaft that blew up on me at 70mph but i am not sure what shaft i should use.:mad:

also with dual cases in a 93 with 22re i need a carb 84-88 case for the crawler?
You're from BC? Check out Tom. He did all my custom driveshaft work. I'd say your best bet is to make a HD rear shaft. You can get "seamless" driveshaft tube thats cold rolled and heavy duty. Its typically sold by the inch, sold by the ID dimensions - metric or imperial. The special HD stuff is expensive, but IMHO well worth the peace of mind. Anyways, Toms the driveline guy ... heres his

http://tle4xfab.tripod.com/

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Dave_93 said:
You can use the case you have now for the front case and you will need a case from a 79-83 or a case from an 85-88 EFI truck. The rear case will have to be a top shift, the shifter will be in the top of the t-case and NOT on the tail of the tranny. When you do the dual cases you will need lengthen the front cv shaft to use in the rear.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i baught the 84 carb case and i have a top mount case as well so thats what i will run since i can assemble it out of the truck and then its an easy swap.

for the driveshaft should i lengthen the front 84 shaft with the CV or not. i may shorten my wheelbase like this in the future... and would just like to shorten my shaft again, not have a new one made. www.martz.biz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts