Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions for custom driveshaft work (building) in the W. MA area, Westfield, MA specifically? The closest I can find in the net search (phonebooks are all but useless these days :) ) is Custom Driveline in Keene, NH. No issue with them and helpful on the phone....just wondered if there was any place a bit more local. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Is Connecticut Driveshaft still in West Springfield?.....Do you just want to deal local or why not Jess at High Angle or Tom Woods?

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CT Driveshaft, from what my guy tells me is in the process of moving (still local) and has been difficult to get a hold of. I will continue to pursue that option too.

Yes, considered (highly) Jess....Tom Woods....Reel and other "online" options. Would prefer local, but local is not the end all/be all. Setup with longer wheelbase, different driveline angles....double cardon to U-joint style (most likely)...blah blah....the usual and just want to make sure I get it right the 1st time out. I know Jess...Woods...Reel and etc have real good info on the sites and customer service is great so I may go that route.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
I’ve used Mitchell Drivetrain in Shrewsbury and would use them again no question, I also used high angle as well, same deal I’d use them again.

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve used Mitchell Drivetrain in Shrewsbury and would use them again no question, I also used high angle as well, same deal I’d use them again.
Forgot about them! I had them shorten/respline some D60 axle shafts. Thanks!!

The shop in CT I was thinking of...that moved was Advanced Drivshaft in (I think) S. Windsor.....

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I know I'm late to the party here, but Todd at Endangered Species Jeep would know where to send you. His shop is in Holyoke I believe.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just had a CV issue and brought it to Chris at CT Driveshaft in East Hartford. Fast and inexpensive fix. Nice family and will use them again...

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve used Mitchell Drivetrain in Shrewsbury.
Yes, went back to Mitchell D/L. and all is good for now. Thanks, I am ashamed after having axles cut/splined by them I totally dropped them from memory for driveshaft work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts