Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
drivetrain strength/ spring length

okay this is not a really searchable question so i am just asking it.

how much can the stock motor and tranny take, with the t-case geared to 6.5:1?
axles will be dana 44's and tires probably 36-38".
anyway, how much can that drivetrain take?

also, what is the length of the rear springs? i can't find it anywhere. i would like to know the length, centering pin location and offset (i don't think there is any).

thanks in advance

-nate

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Man, that stuff gets talked about about once every freakin month in here. Bottom line is this. Build it and if it breaks you know it wasn't strong enough :rolleyes:

Ok, now maybe i'll help some. It would be fine if you are running 5.38's or 5.89's in the Axles. It might be ok if you run the 4.89's but who knows? There is no offset on the Zuk springs and I have no idea how long they are. If you are gonna go through the hassle of putting 44's under there you might as well insyall some YJ springs instead. They are longer, stronger and offer a lot more flex. Hope this helps

Ya newbie :flipoff2:

·
Registered
178 Posts
stock motor runs good for about 100-130K then replace it ( except carb which is junk), tranny lasts with oil in it and good shift sheet. Axles do too if you know how to drive!:flipoff2:

WELCOME LOSER NEWBIE!!!!!:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NC Zuk said:
Man, that stuff gets talked about about once every freakin month in here. Bottom line is this. Build it and if it breaks you know it wasn't strong enough :rolleyes:

Ok, now maybe i'll help some. It would be fine if you are running 5.38's or 5.89's in the Axles. It might be ok if you run the 4.89's but who knows? There is no offset on the Zuk springs and I have no idea how long they are. If you are gonna go through the hassle of putting 44's under there you might as well insyall some YJ springs instead. They are longer, stronger and offer a lot more flex. Hope this helps

Ya newbie :flipoff2:
i wanted to know how long they were cause i am going to put xj rears on it flipped so i gain wheelbase. why would i use the stock springs, i already bent two.

newbie this :flipoff2:

·
Registered
564 Posts
look in the FAQ

Zuk springs:
Zuk fronts ~ 37" e-e, ~ 255lbs/inch
Zuk rears ~ 40" e-e, ~ 155lbs/inch

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
The stock motor is pretty reliable, its just gutless. The tranny is fine as long as its mated to a gutless zuk motor. I have seen a few tc failures on this board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts